Folding quads?

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who has this in their bag of tricks? If you haven't seen or heard John Juanda folded quads at a final table last week.

I don't know that I'd be able to do it? At least not in a similar situation.

He held sixes on an Ace/Ace/6/6Jack board. Could you lay that down?

It's interesting because he eventually won the event and it pretty much sums up the crazy other level some of these guys are on. I mean I don't think I can fold there and am no where near pro material. He lays it down and is a multimillionaire.

So what about you? Can you lay this down? I'd love thoughts either way.

It depends if you need to double up or not... Satellite or not. But yes, I really think I could in the right circumstances.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think I’m balanced enough, seen enough hands or put enough hours into the game to make this lay down. To be honest it’s more of a gut feeling because in an overall aspect this isn’t a profitable fold if you’re playing GTO. There is one hand that beats you and quite a few combos that are in his range that you beat. If the villain is super nitty and you have a live read on him we(recreational players) can start to discuss folding.

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never find a fold there. I did lose once with quads against the straight flush, but I got shown random hands a lot of times. The chance of running into a straight flush with quads is pretty slim.:)

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow!! How crazy is that:0) Not me I'm all in. Just shows great restraint from a great player. Now that's listening to your gut:0) I do wonder though, did the other guy have the A's ?
He did not have an A (board was AA6A6 so only one A left) .

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My apologies I don't know where the J came from? Obviously an A/A/A/6/6 board changes things dramatically.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think I could lay down quads, unless maybe a 4 card straight flush was on the board?

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was he worried about getting coolered and missing the pay-jump?

Or he genuinely believed that this was sicker than possibly imaginable? The three aces, and the fourth ace from space?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As I understand it from reading the bad beat thread, this happens approximately 3 times a week to most online players & has never in recorded history happened in live poker. You must of seen this reported on Fox News.

Folding in Poker