Folding Kings pre/ playing kings.

T

Toodlesnot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't remember ever having folded KK preflop, but I can imagine that this might be desirable in some situations (as described above).

You can never lose a lot preflop with a fold, but you can lose a lot with a call :)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
It will depend a lot if it is in a tournament or at the cash tables ... If I am in a tournament and I am in the bubble I may consider the possibility of folding a pair of KK ... but I am in the cash tables. .. hardly fold a couple of KK I will always play them ...

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have any of you ever folded kings preflop and was right? And is folding kings in general a bad play? I tend to try to get the money in preflop because everytime I slow play or call a re-raise a damn ace hits the flop... I have folded kings preflop once in a 1/2 NL game and turned out I was wrong. The guy was tight though and was only showing down monsters,Turned out he had queens. A week before this though I had KK in a 60$ turbo tournament, it was the very first hand and I had KK in the bb. Middle position did a 3x raise and I reraised and he jammed all in. I thought about it for a few minutes.. being the very first hand and all. I ended up calling and sure enough he had Aces. I got extremely lucky and hit a king on the flop.. Also how do you play kings facing a re-raise?
i have never Folded K K before the flop.....after the flop yes.....and did ok...but never before

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have any of you ever folded kings preflop and was right? And is folding kings in general a bad play? I tend to try to get the money in preflop because everytime I slow play or call a re-raise a damn ace hits the flop... I have folded kings preflop once in a 1/2 NL game and turned out I was wrong. The guy was tight though and was only showing down monsters,Turned out he had queens. A week before this though I had KK in a 60$ turbo tournament, it was the very first hand and I had KK in the bb. Middle position did a 3x raise and I reraised and he jammed all in. I thought about it for a few minutes.. being the very first hand and all. I ended up calling and sure enough he had Aces. I got extremely lucky and hit a king on the flop.. Also how do you play kings facing a re-raise?
Hi. I don't fold Kings preflop. The player would have to show me AA. If I lose my chips, then so be it. You are only dealt AA one out of every 320 hands or something like that. Now post flop is different. If there was an Ace on the flop, or straight/flush draws out, and you put in a raise and get jammed on, then I would consider folding KK for sure. Take care, and have a good day :cool:

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't remember ever folding KK preflop. I have folded after the flop a lot when the ace hits the board or an obvious str8 or flush is appearing on the board. Lately I've been running into KK vs AA a lot. I'm the one with the KK of course. Got to play them though. Otherwise what's the point of even playing poker?
Well said. Yeah, post flop is where I would even consider a fold with KK. I'm never folding pre-flop with KK. It ain't gonna happen lol. Take care, and have a good day :cool:

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope. Never.
Not pre-flop..

It isn't correct in any situation that is not a satellite, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong :)

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never fold KK.The second best hand in holdem.To my mind you must fold it when 4-5 players all-in preflop.

Folding in Poker