Folding a Royal Flush

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Maybe people have folded something that would have ended up as Royal Flush. Is that what you meant?

If I have I didn't notice.

Something like fold Qs 4d pre flop. Flop is As, Ks, 10s. Turn Js.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
This is why bad beat bonus is so nice! I wish more sites had them

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
There were many situations when I threw away the hand at the start and I would have had a Royal Flush. But you can't foresee that a K3 hand will be such a hand, so there's nothing you can do. I've had a lot of hands like this, but frankly, if I'm in the game, it's impossible for me to throw away my cards.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No one would fold a royal flush!

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
lack of concentration. Playing tired is bad for playing poker. A royal flush is never abandoned.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Yes, there are situations when I fold QJ suited because someone goes all in, but then a Royal Flush comes on the table

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Fold royal flush is like preparing food and not eating until you die of hunger, what a wonderful joke
you friend should have added this topic to my anecdotes
LOL!! Do you save anecdotes? If you do that was an excellent idea. :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I suppose I may have inevitably folded some times Pre-Flop, where had I played I could have made a possible Royal Flush, But with only 2 cards left after the flop, are you seriously going to chase that one card. I certainly wouldn't.
Once my hand is dead, It's Gone, forgotten about, and I am already thinking about my next hand, which has not even been dealt, What position I am in? Do I raise with a decent holding? or am I going to have to fold again ?
All these questions and more run through my mind, as I am waiting for the previous hand to finish, I know on-line your cards are still there for you to peek at but to second guess your instinct to fold any hand only leads to you to think what could have been? I have lost count how many times after folding 7/2 off I have seen a flop of 2,2,2 which would have given me 4 of a kind, but even that could be beaten with a 5,5 landing on the Turn and River giving my opponent a bigger 4 of a kind if he was holding a pair of 5s in his hand.
Could have, Would have, Should have, is not the way to play Poker, So don't kick yourself for folding a Q 3 off suit, pre flop, just because you would have made a golden hand on the River. It's just not worth It!

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you do mean folding a potential Royal flush, then yes I have.

Now if anyone has misclick folded a Royal Flush, THAT would be a story!! :ROFLMAO:

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think there are few people capable of this. And it's not me

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you fold 10s Qs pre flop and the flop is Js Ks As you did not fold a Royal Flush, you are not in the hand. The only way to fold a Royal Flush is to be in the hand after the river and fold an unbeatable hand.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No point in folding the nuts. This is the one time when you know that you don’t have to fold. Why would you throw this away. I can understand other situations where you may fold a good hand, you could have a weaker full house as an example.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Can't think of any situation where anyone would fold a royal flush, unless they were chip-dumping or suchlike.

People might/will fold a draw to the royal or fold preflop cards which would have made a royal, but as other have stated- that's not the same thing.

I once folded a gutshot straight flush draw with one card to come because I was quite certain I was dead to that one card (which I was) and it hit on the river.

Nine of diamonds if I recall... :unsure:

Thinking about it I strongly dislike that card now, until it redeems itself... :mad: :LOL:

S

Settinh0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had once while playing a hand, never counted how many I hit after folding a hand cuz it does not matter.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think anyone would ever fold a Royal Flush! I have had situations where I folded something like Ah 10h after the flop was KhKdQs and then after I folded the turn was Qh and then the river was Jh. I'm sure there are many other players that this has happened to!

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you mean by a mis-click? Or maybe you meant to show a picture of a hand where you folded and would have made a royal if you had not folded?

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've folded something about 2-3 times, it's so hard to get RF.
I had RF 2 times in my all life in online poker.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How many times in your poker career have you folded a hand like this?
Well, if we're talking about pre-flop, there have been cases. But more often I fold straight flushes, because I don't always play low hands. And a poker room like pokerstars loves it when players collect all possible combinations at the same time on the post-flop. :ROFLMAO:

Full Flush Poker Folding in Poker