fold instead of showing mucked cards?

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should check, and then indicate they win. Say something like "you got it" or "I missed" and most players will just show their cards and take it down. If in the rare circumstance they demand you show your cards just muck.

I would hate to see you mucking Ace highs on draw heavy flops that bricked out -I've won so many pots thinking I had the worst hand.

As a matter of fact, I lost a 5,000 chip pot early in a tournament because I accidently MUCKED THE WINNER, last weekend. I had played every hand and I had 62 on a 6KAJ4 board and I got heroed by 55. Their were 4 diamonds on the board. Neither of us had one. Absolutely absurd hand, when he showed the 55 I couldn't believe he called and promptly mucked the winner. I figured it out like 30 seconds later when I was evaluating what the hell had just happened.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, and sometimes I even force fold to avoid showing my cards.

In a very similar vein, I will sometimes check a river on a hand I know I win, just to see villains hand.

B

BornIn1500

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you fold, the other guy doesn't have to show either. By not folding, you're at least giving yourself some chance to win, plus you also get to to see his cards, too. What if the guy was going for a low straight and missed? Even 10 high could be good.

4soul

4soul

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i fold without any action before me...that fold will be only in turn....and it's not good to show cards....it's not a positive thing to show any card....

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you fold, the other guy doesn't have to show either. By not folding, you're at least giving yourself some chance to win, plus you also get to to see his cards, too. What if the guy was going for a low straight and missed? Even 10 high could be good.

Varies from site to site whether or not the other players show. When I do force fold, it is usually gonna be 3 handed or more.

Sometimes I force fold just for a giggle.

T

TryTo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to fold. You can manipulate opponents by showing your mucked cards. Next time you may play absolutely this same way. And make them think you have similar hand. But now you have nuts...

A

aolguin3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When your cards can't win at showdown try making your chips work for you and steal the pot or simply check at least your not forfeiting your chance to win the pot with whatever cards your holding.

xastaria

xastaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must not cure and always go to showdown,do not lose your show down value even if you have King high...if you have bigger range of the cards it will be difficult for your opponents to put you in a hand....be carful do not over do it and lose all your chips...

utza27rapid

utza27rapid

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never fold, who knows, maybe your better with q high or something like that.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It Depends . I think from time to time it is good to show our hand when it is hard to see that the villain played a right hand and we are not lying. In this way the next time we could bluff

S

Stephenunited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, and sometimes I even force fold to avoid showing my cards.

In a very similar vein, I will sometimes check a river on a hand I know I win, just to see villains hand.

This is smart. When you know they will fold to any bet, check and see their cards. Yep.

VinnyStrat

VinnyStrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I bluffed with deuce three and got called, I may muck it at then end. If I was in the blind and it was check,check,check there would be no reason not to show no matter what you had.

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
WHAT never fold just check everyone might also check and your shitty hand becomes a winning hand COME ON

Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At showdown when I'm suspicious of not showing, I will give a subtle gesture to my opponent for him to flip 'em over while I'm still holding my hand - It works 90% of the time.

If there's a stand-off where no one will show and I had trash, I muck it and lie about what I had. Sometimes I show if I want them to think I'm a bluffer (while I'm playing tight).

I assume you were talking about showdown.

Other than that, never muck your hand if you're both checking it down. Your crazy J high might spank him.

Gary_Heart

Gary_Heart

Gotta Have Heart
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
show yous cards when they are rags - or - riches - when you feel like it. This really mixes up your play as others see it.

J

JVal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always check

why would i give up a free chance to win a pot even if the chance is almost zero?

i'm not worried about other players seeing my hand

in fact use it to your advantage and play opposite the way you think they'll think you'll play based on the cards you showed

play unpredictably enough and showing the cards you played in 1 hand will hardly matter

good luck

Folding in Poker