Flushes in Omaha

G

genozzolo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I find 2 suited cards on the flop , I usually fold except if Ive double pair or very good hand, then I try to see the next card if doesnt cost much, otherwise I just fold.

Dont be so sure when you have Queens / King + suited to hit the top flush, so many times theres always Ace + suited that beat you.

WHen Ive Q or K + suit , I try to play it without push, if at river none raised then possibly none has Ace and then I do a small bet for optimize the win.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol at people telling him to fold sets. Get as much money in ahead as you can, and if you get beat, recognize you are and get out of the hand. Obviously there ARE situations where it's best to fold, but they are far and few between. You can't be scared.

Even if the hit the straight/flush on the turn, you still have 16 outs to beat therm.

Well,yes and no. The problem is,especially in low stakes, people tend to see way more flops than they should, therefore drawing out on the straight/flush/higher set draws, or they've got a low hand and are playing low. Omaha is a post-flop game, unlike Hold em. So if you have a tight table you can bet out big on the flop and maybe get them to fold a drawing hand. But with 4 cards instead of 2 they have so many more outs that if you get a flush or straight draw on the board and have an aggressive better you have to think you might be beat, or have him draw out on you.

UberKadet

UberKadet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In omaha i never play a flush lower than a Queen high. I have found that out the hard way low flushes are usually no good depending on how high the board cards are to the flush. As for playin the set. I have found out that if the board has 3 cards to a straight or 2 cards to a flush i fold 70% of the time. But if i flop my set of Kings for instance with a flop like 2 9 K all rainbow of course i like to bet it hard. But with a flop of lets say K 10 9 with 2 suited cards and i flopped my set of Kings I fold alot more
I guess the best advice i could give you is to go with your gut and I always give the other player credit of having the nuts or a big draw. Hope this helps
4 times in omaha (9 players) i have had 2nd nut flush and when i hit my flush .... i bet big and the person who ends up calling has nut flush. it jus keeps happening even with K high flush...so point is in omaha all things are possible and like he said only bet big or go all in when u have the nuts and nothing else. mostly i only go all in on nut str8/flush or Full House. otherwise i always fold especially weak str8 or flushes as the possibilities of opponent having the nuts is more probable in omaha then in Holdem. The main advantage of Omaha vs Holdem is although its pot size...u can make lot more in one hand then in no limit holdem. plus its more fun having 4 cards with so many options etc.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, in Omaha you need to play cautiously, because often goes in the game on the turn - or - river - when you have a good card on the flop, you need to be very careful and only when you are sure for 100% then play and raise the bet or to go all-in, you can play Omaha on many cards not only on pairs but you can win small ones too, but be very careful!

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but a flush will happen more often than NL overall a quality hand is more appt to hit

Full Flush Poker