Florida is officially open for poker.

C

cyclone45

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aWow no mention of Sarasota..where I live?

white_lytning

white_lytning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope this will encourage the WPT, NAPT and WSOP Circuit tours to consider Florida as a legitimate destination possibility. I think Florida would be a solid stop for any of those tours.

One of the floor managers was talking to me about this today.

I asked them where they were going to have tourneys now that the upstairs is all high stakes. She should me that the Hollywood HR (might be all the HRs) just signed a deal with the WPT.

She told me the hard rock cafe inside is being fitted with cameras and that they might create a tourney room there when one is needed. This is all hear say, and she might just be telling me something she heard. Either way it seems the tourneys have taken a back seat for the time being.

There was a $350bi, $30,000 guarantee, 100 person max, winner take all tourny this morning and they only had 56 or so players (forget the exact number, but it was mid 50s.)

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any rooms near orlando?

The wife has a conference and I would go along if I could play poker the whole time.

V

vetteman4040

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only one's that I know of that would be close to Orlando would be Tampa (70 miles west of Orlando) or Daytona Beach (about 70 miles east of Orlando). Someone else may know of something closer for you.