First time ever I have been called a suckout..

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a very low limit. .50 sit & go's. Working on my skills to better myself. Slowly getting there.. anyhow.. This one particular fellow keep betting all in with low cards. Got lucky 4 straight times.. 4 of us left in the game. Now he is actually the 2nd shortest stack at the table. He goes all-in, I called with King, Jack suited. I won that round but he still has a little over 1200 in chips and I have almost 5000. Next hand he again calls all-in, I now have Ace, Queen suited. He flips over pocket 10's. Queen came on the river to make me again the winner. He then proceeds to call me a suck out, yadda yadda yadda. When he did win those 4 straight all-ins with stuff like 2,4 off suit vs a,j(2 people were holding this). Or 5,3 vs JJ's..

He said if you are so great why you playing on .50 sit & go's. Telling me how he has great reads on people, that 2,4 is favorite against A,J when 2 others are holding A,J. I just kept telling him to say buh bye lucky. I dunno about some people. This is one of the reasons I actually play on this limit, to keep my emotions in check when I even get sucked out. Like losing QQ's to an A,6 off suit. Like I will say "Got lucky but nh non-the-less".. get the ty and then reply "that was sarcasm".

Just irates me to be called a suck out because I played a top ten hand against a top ten hand and it won. I have had it happen to me and always happy to lose against a top ten hand when playing a top ten hand. Been called lucky a few times cause I got a few cards on the river which I openly admit it is. Sorry I just needed to vent cause I have never been called that ever , guess it was due and coming. Seen it done to others, and way back when I 1st started I was yelling and insulting. Yet came to realize that people play the way they want to and that no matter what happens one should be happy that they are playing something they enjoy.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
twizzy I don't know much about you but I know you spend a lot of time studying the game. This ***** was a moron trying to sound like he knew what he was doing he didn't. Just smile and take his money but you yourself feel free to call people suckouts if they do in fact suckout!

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OH and feel free to vent I have to do it myself otherwise I would have flown to wherever and kicked the S*** out of a player or 2 :cool:

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was he the first moron you ever met online? AQ vs 10's isn't even much of a suck out. lot of big talkers playing for pennies these days. i hope you don't let it get to you.

-n

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL I don't normally vent even when I am sucked out.. when I do vent against a suck out. I do it for a quick while in chat.. step back, grab a drink(normally coffee or soda). Come back and play another game. After this joker, I played another game. Lost hardcore to a player.. Had A,Q suited again.. made my pre-flop raise. Got 1 caller and here is where I made my mistake.. Flop comes king, ace, rag(rainbow).. of course I make a substantial bet here, get re-raised. Didn't think about what my oppent had what so ever, went into the how dare you raise me and went all in. He had pocket K's and busted me. I took the time to say vnh but he never said ty wich that irritates me. I will congratulate anybody on a great played hand against me but when you don't say ty when complimented. I will then call you rude and what nots(yes I know chat may be off). Just like it iritates me the same way when I hold a door open for someone and they don't say ty. You don't want to talk that is fine or hear the donkey's like this one that is fine. I like the fact that you can shut off individual chats but less then 2 seconds to type ty won't hurt you.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nateofdeath said:
Was he the first moron you ever met online? AQ vs 10's isn't even much of a suck out. lot of big talkers playing for pennies these days. i hope you don't let it get to you.

-n

Yes it is and was.. Changed my style of play cause like xman has said I have done reading, reading, and reading. Especially when I didn't have my computer and the internet. 2 months of library computer which is limited to 1 hour daily and when it is open. Most of the times when it is open it coincides when I am working. Yet since I have changed my style, I have now seen a significant change in my bankroll. Not so much as a roller coaster as it once was. Been playing free rolls to get a feel again for the game these past few days. Got 1st in one, placed in the TEC at ultimate bet(that was fun because had over 100k and was the leader, which I stayed). Still around 150 players and the top 50 made it and all I had to do was cruise on in. Funny though on other free rolls got busted with jj's vs q,4 off and kk's vs a.6 off. Othere than that, my play is and has been definatly getting much better.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time you raise/bet/call, type "I raise/bet/call with <insert moron's name here>'s chips."

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often find it amazing when someone loses a pot on the river it's the sites fault "typical *****.com again" they moan.

When out you outplay someone or get a "nice" ;) river card you have no idea what you are doing and have turned into a fool.

No professional player would ever bet at that point, especially with those cards, why do you even bother, give up now, pathetic waste of time playing :eek:

What standard of game you ask? .10/.20 limits

Of course this mouth almighty must be some kind of superior player :D

Just give them enough rope and they'll soon be hanging themselves.

IanT

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played a Single table $11 sit and go last night after busting out of our stars game. Noticed one player raise and re-raise EVERY hand, the first showdown he reached with a straight was with 64o/s. He subsequently called an all in with 10 6 VS AK and won. Monster chip leader. On the bubble i got KK, pushed all in knowing he would call, guess what he did with 32hearts and nailed me with the flush.

NH, GG , good call mate, added to buddy list.........

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had another but I was on the recieving end.. Pulling more luck out of his ass then one could imagine. Playing with anything and winning with anything...

I was 1 off the button.. 2 callers and yep you guess it he was one of them. I had ace, jack.. not a great hand but not a bad hand. I said why not bet 3X BB and of course he called. Flop comes 2,J,9 and 2 are clubs wich were the 2 and the 9. I made a pot bet to see what happens. He called me of course.. I forget what the turn brings but it wasn't a club or paint card(here is where I admit I made my mistake).. I actually checked and he checked..River brings a 2.. Now I bet again.. didn't see it coming.. Beat me with 3 2's.. and he had sooted cards like dorkus had put it(I tried not to laugh cause that was all I could think of when he made the original call). Then called with the lowest pair on the board. I said the old addage of luck comes and goes but knowledge stays forever. He thought he was the greatest player because he was winning a .50 sit and go. He was as well going all-in.. I liked it cause one player actually busted him with pocket 7's. He never admitted to being lucky but had in his mind he was great. I just couldn't help but stop laughing to myself, glad my neighbors didn't hear me. All I could see in his mind "It was soooooted."

That isn't a rant just a story I deemed funny cause of what he called with and just remembering it was soooted comment.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About 2 weeks ago I called a guys pre-flop all-in with pocket Kings - he had A-Q suited and screamed that I played poorly and sucked out on him (Kings held up). Just play your cards properly (yes, that means sometimes being a suckout in a BB special) and ignore these idiots. The only thing that gets to me is when their luck never seems to run out - as tenbob illustrated...

lightning36

lightning36

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dealing with online morons

I have been playing $1/2 ring games (and sometimes 2/4, 3/6, 5/10) and have run into the worst stuff at the 1/2. I had pocket aces and went all in preflop. Can you believe that someone matched me with J-10 os? I had been playing a very tight game, so he had to know I had a high pocket pair that would kick his J-10 to pieces. As you can guess, he hit a straight and cleaned me out. Mad as I was, I didn't say a thing. Just figured that if he plays that way I'll get my money back ... and more.

A few days later (while in a crappy mood) I was kicking butt at $1/2. I had pocket Kings and guessed that someone representing a pair of Aces was bluffing. Went all in and was matched - and won. This guy calls me a donk, which really sets me off. Usually, I don't chat at the tables or am very polite. Well, I I lashed out with a string of profanities at this guy ... and they were not censored or filtered! He answered me back, but his comments were censored. So I went at him again. I guess he finally got the message and shut up. Meanwhile, I tripled my bankroll and he busted out and left - not surprisingly.

Anyway, I don't like talking like that at the tables, but he just really set me off. Gotta admit - it felt good! lol

XXIII

XXIII

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My response to 'Suck out' 'Fish' 'Lucky' and the such are all always the same: I'd like to thank you for playing and please drop off your money/chips directly to me next time so I can concentrate on real poker

He had a pair of 10s. You had 2 suited over cards giving you at least 6 outs. Before the flop he was only slightly favored 54% - 46%

T

Threesixes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you were playing Phil Helmuth........