First home tourney $5 buy-in

Mike1Nap4

Mike1Nap4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night I hosted my first home tourney. Originally there was suppose to be about 12 people but only ended up for 6 total. Still turned out to be a great night. We ended up playing for a good 4-5 hours before it was all said and done. Since this was my first real live game, I thought I played really well. I ended up winning this small tourney. The two hands that ended up winning it for me, I was behind but ended up hitting my card. Went all-in with J8 against J10, hitting a 8 on the river. Hand that won it, the other guy went all-in with AQ which I called with A2. Hit a 2 on the flop and A on the turn.

One other moment was when my wife and I went at it for one hand. I thought I had her with my two pair since she was just calling all my bets. She ended up having 8's full of Q's while I had Q's up. I'm glad I didn't shove like I was thinking about. I was really on chips but ended up doubling up twice. Once with AA against Q4. Don't remember the other hand.

In other words here, turned out to be a wonderful night and just wanted to share how the night went. :)

Y

yotalover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats. From my point of view Home games are fun and educating. Keep having them. I Play every Fri night. Anywhere from 7 to 10 people. $10 buy-in, 2 tourneys per night. each tourney takes 2 hours at the longest, and It's been a real tool for all of us.

Gl

Organize a Home Poker Game