My first bankroll

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What value is it ideal to start with pokerstars type sites? :confused:

First of all you need to decide which game is more suitable for you (which type of game is most comfortable and understandable for you), in parallel with this you need to study the theory: watch a video about poker, watch how other players play, read poker literature and so on .. you need to choose a direction and then, showing an effort and patience to storm your limits)

jerlasvegas

jerlasvegas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are only starting out, I would start off with a small amount. America's Card Room, which I just signed up for, offers a $50 bonus with your first $25 deposit. The bonus comes in the form of random card amounts over 20 days. All you have to do is login.

Whatever site you fancy, there is usually a good signup bonus. Check them out. Also do the freerolls so that you can make a little extra.

Start with 0.01/0.02 until you can build up enough to justify moving up to the 0.02/0.05 or 0.05/0.10. You probably want to build yourself up to $100 before doing the 0.05/0.10, but I think people usually recommend more. I am not completely sure about that, but it really is up to you.

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd recommend a $100 bankroll to start with as this is an amount which allows you to play a good range of games. You should be playing $1 tournies and $2 cash games on average with this amount and aim never to lose the money. However, if you don't want to/ can't deposit this amount then it's absolutely fine to start with $10 (or even $0) but it will take a long time to move through the stakes if you practise good bankroll management.

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would deposit whatever you can comfortably afford to lose. But first I'd deposit a small amount to play micro buy in games just to make sure the site is comfortable for you. There are a lot of sites after a week or two I realized I hated playing on. I'd start very very low and work your way up if you're a winning player. I'd stay away from heads up and cash games where you could lose more than 5-10% of your roll in one buy In. Good luck. Let us know what you decide.

J

janisromanov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For example, my friend plays "spin and go"for 3$ . His bankroll is 150-200 dollars.
I made 25 dollars in time and lost everything. Now I'm playing freerolls :D

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally started without a bankroll and built up my roll with freerolls. Any deposit can get you going though, just apply the proper bank roll management :)

C

ComboCC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also had that doubt thank you for your answers :)

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

I would start with what ever amount would give you a hundred buy-ins. Good luck !

L

L3vin3Th3Dr3am77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to start with $25/50... It's enough to mess around with (in some decent money tourns\tables) & also i like the challenge of climbing up from the bottom to a nice, high bankroll!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi
DonJoaoPEDRO17, welcome to the forum, here on the forum there are excellent tournaments where you can play and raise bankroll in any poker rooms for free, but if you want to play seriously and on good stakes or expensive tournaments, then choose a normal poker room to replenish the bankroll and play , I wish you good luck in the games!

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first bankrool was 30$.I played with 0,01/0,02 blindes.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the Buy-in you play , and for a good bankroll management , it's better to have 80-100 buy-ins for example if you want to play 1$ tournament , it's preferable to have a 100$ bankroll so that you can play on a comfortable zone .

L

Luccasdsp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on various factors like, what their level of experience, according to what the buy-in you usually play and so on.

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
choose the type of game that you like the best, becouse each game has a different dynamism. I like knock out tourneys which needs more money than regular ones. I like also S&G and it is comfortable for me to play it if I have more that 50 USD.
Couple months ago i loose all my poker money, now trying to build beck my bankroll from 0, so I play lot of freerols now to kick start new bankroll. Yo!

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your first bankroll depends a lot on your poker goal, and where you want to go.
The book theory teaches up to 100 times buy-in from table level to cash and gamer and tournaments, however in my opinion it's a lot and I like to have a maximum of 10BB buy in cash gamer, and for tournaments prefeiro raise the value in buy in the tables.
If you are starting at pokerstars, you must enter a deposit code to receive up to 100% of the amount invested through the promotion.
The most important thing in poker in my opinion is to know how to play and the rest you can raise through freeroll.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management