Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Belgian White is Blue Moon, they also make others, but they are not Blue Moon(Honey Moon, Full Moon, etc). If you want to expand your horizons on Belgian White's/Witbeers, you could try easing into it with some exports. Most noably, Hoegaarden, Hacker-Pschorr, Alagash White. They will taste much more crisp and full than Blue Moon and you will be in love. Actually Hacker-Pschorr was my first favorite non-macro beer.
Ah, you're right. The one I'm thinking of is the Belgian Pale Ale that they produce. I'm not into honey, berry, or any other fancy-schmancy fruity beers. But I'll look for those others; they sound like something I would like. I don't care for a "heavy" beer, and I like ones that finish smooth without a bitter or "hoppy" after taste (like Sierra Nevada).

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[x] Found Blue Moon on tap
[x] Drank too much of it (it's really tasty)
[x] Had a great night
[x] hungover.com

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah, you're right. The one I'm thinking of is the Belgian Pale Ale that they produce. I'm not into honey, berry, or any other fancy-schmancy fruity beers. But I'll look for those others; they sound like something I would like. I don't care for a "heavy" beer, and I like ones that finish smooth without a bitter or "hoppy" after taste (like Sierra Nevada).
I love hoppy beers, but none of the ones I listed have the bitter hops at all. And those beers are not heavy at all either, you'll like em.

/derail, sorry Deb!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only just seen this thread, so congrats Debi on your cash.
and btw, your accent is very cool. just my two pennies worth.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love hoppy beers, but none of the ones I listed have the bitter hops at all. And those beers are not heavy at all either, you'll like em.

/derail, sorry Deb!

I think my end of the interview caused the derail lol.

only just seen this thread, so congrats Debi on your cash.
and btw, your accent is very cool. just my two pennies worth.

Thanks!

It seems that most Europeans - especially English and Irish - love a southern accent. So happy to be married to Joe - he loves it lol.

It is non-southern American men who tend to not like it... and make fun of it. :(

For some reason a lot of them associate a southern accent with a lack of education and/or intelligence. I talk this way because everyone I was raised with talks this way lol - no other reason. As a matter of fact I have the weakest southern accent in my family.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is non-southern American men who tend to not like it... and make fun of it. :(

For some reason a lot of them associate a southern accent with a lack of education and/or intelligence. I talk this way because everyone I was raised with talks this way lol - no other reason. As a matter of fact I have the weakest southern accent in my family.
Well then those people who actually think that are the real morons! :)

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's actually a really interesting point. If you ask someone in England to rate certain accents on pleasantness, they will know where the person is from (say, for example, a Liverpudlian accent) and base their like or dislike of said accent on their views of or the connotations they associate to that place. Conversely, if you ask a non native speaker, the views tend to be very different.

It seems that people have certain views or connotations associated with where you were brought up (lack of education and/or intelligence, as you put it) and so people who have those views, i.e. American's who are aware of that stereotype find it amusing or "make fun of it" whereas people who are unaware of that stereotype just hear it for what it is and love it!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are spot on! ^^^^

My husband is from Liverpool - if I tell an American that they think it is so cool and when they hear him talk they love his accent. (Beatles is all they know about Liverpool lol).

But if someone from England hears it - or I tell someone there he is from Liverpool - they immediately tell me to check to see if the tires are still on my car lol.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Should I change the title of this thread to "OMG wait til you hear my accent!" :p

Vaaary nass Debeee!
I leyeked hearin' bout the Kang Kang hand. Sounds lack sum ove it waz frustraayting.

All kidding aside. Very cool Debi! Congrats again. I really enjoyed bein' a cyber-rail during your tourney. It was exciting!!!:)

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think my end of the interview caused the derail lol.

Thanks!

It seems that most Europeans - especially English and Irish - love a southern accent. So happy to be married to Joe - he loves it lol.

Couldn't find anything wrong at all about your accent, but then I am English. Geordie to be exact and we get the same thing unfairly about the lack of intelligence. Then along came geordie shore and the whole country got the stereotype reinforced.

Well done in the event though.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks guys! I can't believe I didn't fall apart - I hate any kind of public speaking. But it was just a reflection of the confidence I felt playing that entire event - I was still confident in myself after I got busted.

Those Blue Moons were sweet afterwards!

You sounded just like any other pro there & apparently played like it too, congrats.
Local convenience store here, opens at 5 A.M., for those of us who don't know any better than to get up & go to work & the manager was born & raised in Alabama, so I get to start my day off hearing that great southern drawl every morning. :)
You & JQ both like Blue Moon, no wonder I felt right at home from the day I joined this forum, great minds drink alike.

WSOP