Fell Asleep While Playing Poker?!

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How it is possible to fall asleep???? Guys, as you do it?)))))))))))))))))

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cant even imagine how to fall asleep playing poker,it s so exiting and not so boring to sleep.may be u play very late or just tired,the condition is very important!!!

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Oh, sometimes it happens, playing for many hours I blink my eyes and... ZZZZZzzzzzzz. For luck I wake up on the next beep.

I know it is not good. We can't play when tired, is a very losing way. Guys, don't do it.

meagain00

warface

warface

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This usually happens when you play long hours or drunk tired already.

H

HEFOLK132

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes sometimes when I play very long tournament, it just bothers me, and I begin to be tired and I can fall asleep.

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ust how many times, when I wake up I stay at 1 BB :)

Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sleep

the freerolls are always three hours after my normal bedtime, but i try and stay up fighting my meds..... im always tired

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had a hard time with playing large MTT fields at night. Seem like late in the tournament started dozing off. Started just playing SnG's in the evening.

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me too, sometimes I try to chase a dream but sometimes it's stronger than me.

P

Prolaznik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One very fresh story (less than 15 minutes old) about the topic:

Twenty something players left, ten prizes. I'm in CO, holding 77, have a pretty modest stack. Everybody folds, I am going all in. Button folds, SB is thinking, I am falling asleep.
Very soon, I am waking up, only to see fourth heart falling on the river. I'm out.
I open the replayer and see that the very first card was seven. After that, besides three Queens or QQ and pair, he could beat me only if he buys four cards for a str8, or four hearts for a flush. He bought four unique cards for a Royal flush!
In a word, I overslept a major trauma. My perfectly timed sleeping has spared me from watching how they're coming, one by one.

Moral: I'm a healthier person now, because I slept when I should :):cool:

Attachments

• royal.JPG
    royal.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 39
D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me once every few weeks. Don't feel like you're the only one.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've fell asleep before during a MTT, within a few of the bubble. Sucks but happens.

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you feel tired - it is better not to play. More than once I fell asleep for a game of poker.

P

peterpam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy the game too much to fall asleep, though it seems like some players are sleeping especially if you play late at night, the game is so slow.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah it's happened to me on several occasions. I avoid playing when I'm tired but sometimes you go deep in a tournament after playing for hours and it happens. When this happens I set a timer on my phone to go off every five minutes so I can stay awake.

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If anything, poker keeps me awake. I'm trying to concentrate on the game and that keeps me alert. There have been a few times I was getting drowsy but the "your turn" alert is annoying enough to get my attention.

C

Corey_Ford

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
cant say ive ever fallen asleep playing poker ahaha, if i was that tired id shut it down (if i was playing cash) theres to much to pay attention to and focus on to play that tired

Drowy

Drowy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i once made a mistake and registered to a tournament late night and 30 mins in i was so sleepy i just went to bed but i had well above average stack so that got me into the money by sitting out :D

never again

WebWebber

WebWebber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've often slept at the pokern. Most at long freerolls when a break is made or when one sits at a table in which hardly action is. One time I slept at a real money tournament, but had it still in the paid places managed because of my stacks. At the live poker would fall asleep but very inappropriate :D

P

parks124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happened to me once while playing on ACR. They seem to have some of the longest open registration periods....5 hours. Then it takes many more hours to get to the money. One night I just couldn't stay woke and fell asleep. Now I'm careful to avoid these MTT's when I know the game is going to be too long.