Fear on heads-up

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel a lot of adrenaline most definitely.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Relax, you already got second place.
How happy would you have felt about a guaranteed second before you started?
How much would you have wished for a second or even any cash if you had been knocked out early?
You've already done well, anything else is just the icing on the cake.
So with a relaxed frame of mind just carry on and see what happens.

There is a lot of luck in heads up, if you get good cards, good catches and suck outs you can't lose. Conversely even the best heads up players can do nothing about facing suck outs, catches and cards, so if you come up against it then you're stuck.

You could try to improve your heads up skills by reading or playing sit and go. This would improve your edge a bit and your confidence, familiarity, knowledge and nerves.

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The final table bubble is a little stressfull for me, after that it's just fun!

G

galojmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i feel little nervous but i love heads up games that's why I enjoy it very much...not to loose concentration and play clam is most important that time

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No fear there.I just realize that i need to play more aggressive.It does not always succeed, but this is right strategy.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is the real fun part of a MTT for me. I'm done with all the stress it took to get there and I know I'm going to get a good pay day with 1st or 2nd. But I can understand the feeling if you have not got there many times before.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was often the last table and had grown accustomed to this situation. Early in his career all great excitement. The main thing is not to make bad mistakes and do it. Excessive stiffness is not good.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heads up

I don't feel any fear when it comes to heads up poker. I like it heads up.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes i feel jumpy, it can make a huge diffrence in how much you win, and first is always good.. I hope i hit huge cards in heads up but any two can win..

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Does anyone else feel fear while playing in a tournament on the money in the final part - in heads-up? For example, I am feeling a kind of nervous trembling(jim-jams), because I understand that only a moment and I can be a winner)))

When I'm playing heads up, I do not think about win or lode and do not watch much of the 1st or 2nd place, I think only about the game and how it would be to beat the opponent, looking for his actions
I think it's from inexperience, will take place over time :cool: play more :cool: :D

maikl2602KML

maikl2602KML

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fear and excitement comes in not the right moment and to win the desired concentration at the final table

DonPatron560

DonPatron560

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to control my emotions, my opinion is that poker is important cold calculation

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why be afraid? Your ability got you to where you are now

swithdad

swithdad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to be really nervous around the end of a tournament and especially heads up, but i did more learning and now I love it, I feel like its where i thrive. I don't think most people know how to play in the money, and especially heads up.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I get much more excited than nervous, but I confess that every raise from the opponent make me worry a bit..

A good way to improve that is play a few .25 spin and goes.. HU is almost always on the way so you will practice a lot

S

smilekg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like heads up , it's the best part of the tournament

D

Demagog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the prizes is more than one, on the contrary I am more calm: the second - good enough.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to risk. Who does not risk does not drink champagne.

R

Rafael Lima

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only to get the heads up is a victory for me!

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe the fear at the beginning to think good final stage I will do well or not, it depends on myself and the moment the hand starts and the cards are shuffled that fear passes is a pause a few second thoughts that cross and then all that disappears

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just really feel confident heads up nah.Just keep applying pressure!

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think maybe the nervous are because it's not a thing that happen usually, when you get to the heads up is an incredible feeling but you always know that an error can cost you the first place

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after so many games on HU tables on FT i just loosing feel of fear in these situations.Play more sit/go and HU,Spin go and youre mind adjust .

D

Dmitrii Kopylov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here there is no fear, on the contrary chances are equal. The main thing is not to fall for the bluff of an opponent.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes I feel fear or nervous on heads up , but because I 'm now one step away from the goal/ big money , cause I feel I'm not gonna make it as I'm not that good on heads up , and history proves it unfortunatelly . I try to get improved though :)