"I have a good poker face because I am half-dead inside." -- Colson Whitehead

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"When you are big-stacked, playing your stack becomes more important than playing your cards." -- Neil Timothy

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Ninety percent of the hands aren't shown in a poker game." -- Doyle Brunson

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Belief in luck is a great mystical rationalization for the refusal to think." -- Frank R. Wallace

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"I'm really good at keeping a poker face because when I was growing up my dad always told me 'don't let anybody see you weak." -- Kelly Oubre, Jr.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Obsessing about statistics won't make you a better poker player. In fact, you'll end up wasting too much valuable time on that stuff when you should be concentrating on crucial issues, like getting a read on your opponents and studying the psychological aspects of the game." -- Daniel Negreanu

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Seat selection is critical when playing against a maniac." -- Sheree Bykofsky

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Never underestimate the importance of preparation for any single poker session or tournament." -- Daniel Negreanu

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Poker is the only game for a grown man. Then, your hand is against every man's, and every man's hand is against yours. Teamwork? Who ever made a fortune by teamwork?" -- W. Somerset Maugham

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“Poker may be a branch of psychological warfare, an art form or indeed a way of life, but it is also merely a game in which money is simply the means of keeping score.” -- Anthony Holden

K

kodiakken

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Winning a large poker tournament is like dodging bullets while dancing between raindrops. In a minefield....at night.

Kodiakken

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“Bad beats will, from time to time, still rob you like a crack addict with an empty pipe.” -- Rick Dacey

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
"Yeah, but I'm an idiot with a stack. You don't have a stack!" -- Christian Dragomir to Phil Hellmuth, wsop 2008

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Good No-Limit players bluff four or five times as often as good players in Limit games." -- Doyle Brunson

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"The winner of a heads-up pot will generally be the player who plays better in marginal situations." -- Jennifer Harman

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"People think mastering the skill is the hard part, but they're wrong....The trick to poker is mastering the luck"

just wondering if anyone else has some good quotes...
just leave me a messages if ya will....telling me how u like or not like my quote.
Fav poker quote that is not really directly a poker quote or useful: "Maybe poker just isn't your game Ike, I know, let's have a spelling contest." -- Doc Holiday in Tombstone (for the one or two of you who don't know)

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
'strength in numbers is the delight of the timid. the valiant in spirit glory in fighting alone." gandhi

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“Poker is not simply a game of odds, moves and calculations. It is a game of controlled and exploited emotions including greed, fear, over-confidence and anger.” -- Steven Lubet

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"You can’t bluff someone who’s not paying attention." -- David Mamet

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"If you can’t fold a winner, you can’t be a winner." -- Angel Largay

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“Besides lovemaking and singing in the shower, there aren’t many human activities where there is a greater difference between a person’s self-delusional ability and their actual ability than in poker.” -- Steve Badger

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Poker, n. A game said to be played with cards for some purpose to this lexicographer unknown.” -- Ambrose Bierce

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Barring that natural expression of villainy which we all have, the man looked honest enough." -- Mark Twain