Favorite players =)

A

ataps

Total posts
hey guys just want tp start convo who is everyones favorite pro player and why to start it off mines phil ivey i like his aggressive style and how he reads people

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
As far as the player as a person: Barry Greenstein. This guy is so generous (gives a lot to charity) and successful. A great role model. Ok, I am slightly biased since the couple of times I've e-mailed him I've actually gotten a reply within 24 hours. Check out his website!

As far a the player and his playing style: Tough one, but I have to give the edge to Daniel Negreanu. Watching him play on High Stakes Poker, I have a lot of respect for his game.

As far as the player for entertainment value: I'll have to go with Phil Laak. The guy is a complete schizo goofball and I love him for it.

ychennay

ychennay

Total posts
I'm watching Poker After Dark right now... and Phil Ivey is tearing up the field. He puts Sam Farha all-in with only a pair of Aces knowing that Sam also has a pair of aces but a lower kicker what a gutsy bet... this guy is fearless and I love his playing style. I've almost never seen him make a bad decision.

C

chefantwon

Enthusiast
Total posts
Best player: Daniel N. - even when he busts you, he's a good sport about it.

Entertainment: Phil Helmouth - a guy who's supposed to be "all that" can't even figure out he's up against a TAG that has the nuts....and then gets pissed when he looses the hand. Priceless

palmer2000e

palmer2000e

Total posts
my favorite players are:

Daniel Negreanu- Great reading abilities, very nice guy, fun to be around at the table, and canadian :D

Huck Seed- Underachieving Poker player IMO very fun to watch, and an extremely Patient player which is why i admire him.

those are probably my 2 favorite, others include: Dan Harrington, Phil Hellmuth, Barry Greenstein, and Gavin Smith.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I watched that Poker After Dark, and was suprised I could name all the players. Phil Ivy is no fun at a table. Quiet, moody, sucessful. Deadly.
Hellmouth was not obnoxious and almost a pleasure to watch. There are rumors he is like that most of the time.
Matisow at a table is fun, as would be Daniel.

I think I like watching Jennifer Tilly most.

My guess is that at that level, all the players are nearly equivalent, and it becomes style that wins or loses.

G

Girl Gamer

Total posts
Playing style: Daniel N.

Entertainment: Humberto Brenes

Overall person: Daniel N.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
Scotty, baby!
Men de master-- he has pants that say "The Master" on the leg.
Phil Laak.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Total posts
FPaulsson. I find him both cool and interesting.

H

HeadShot

Total posts
All time: Daniel Negreanu

Fun to watch: Daniel Negreanu

Wish to play like: Phil Ivey

Like to challenge: Phil Hellmuth

Like to become more like: Barry Greenstein (as a person)

W

WhiteWidowToker

Total posts
gus hanson and tony g.

iknow not many people like tony, but i respect his tenacity. despite the fact people want to rip his head off he keeps yapping.

D

Dingodaddy23

Total posts
nothing better than watching a good Tony G berating.

as far as by skill, my favs are online pros like SBrugby, OMGCLAYAIKEN, and Durrr..... i venture to say that they would absolutely murder any TV pro out there in a high stakes cash game

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Total posts
sbrugby is on High Stakes Poker and I've heard he finishes down $100k or so.

D

Dingodaddy23

Total posts
oh well, sh*t happens. put sbrugby in that game every day for a year and watch what happens.

ps- 100k is the miniumum buyin in that game

Richard7787

Richard7787

Visionary
Total posts
Many of the above names, but Ill be adding Pippa Flanders to my list after i saw her DEMOLISH the table on the party poker European Open III on Channel 5 last night, any other Brits catch it?