Favorite players =)

A

ataps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys just want tp start convo who is everyones favorite pro player and why to start it off mines phil ivey i like his aggressive style and how he reads people

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as the player as a person: Barry Greenstein. This guy is so generous (gives a lot to charity) and successful. A great role model. Ok, I am slightly biased since the couple of times I've e-mailed him I've actually gotten a reply within 24 hours. Check out his website!

As far a the player and his playing style: Tough one, but I have to give the edge to Daniel Negreanu. Watching him play on High Stakes Poker, I have a lot of respect for his game.

As far as the player for entertainment value: I'll have to go with Phil Laak. The guy is a complete schizo goofball and I love him for it.

ychennay

ychennay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm watching Poker After Dark right now... and Phil Ivey is tearing up the field. He puts Sam Farha all-in with only a pair of Aces knowing that Sam also has a pair of aces but a lower kicker what a gutsy bet... this guy is fearless and I love his playing style. I've almost never seen him make a bad decision.

C

chefantwon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best player: Daniel N. - even when he busts you, he's a good sport about it.

Entertainment: Phil Helmouth - a guy who's supposed to be "all that" can't even figure out he's up against a TAG that has the nuts....and then gets pissed when he looses the hand. Priceless

palmer2000e

palmer2000e

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my favorite players are:

Daniel Negreanu- Great reading abilities, very nice guy, fun to be around at the table, and canadian :D

Huck Seed- Underachieving Poker player IMO very fun to watch, and an extremely Patient player which is why i admire him.

those are probably my 2 favorite, others include: Dan Harrington, Phil Hellmuth, Barry Greenstein, and Gavin Smith.

LuckyShark777

LuckyShark777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Danny N
Johnny Chan
Scotty N

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched that Poker After Dark, and was suprised I could name all the players. Phil Ivy is no fun at a table. Quiet, moody, sucessful. Deadly.
Hellmouth was not obnoxious and almost a pleasure to watch. There are rumors he is like that most of the time.
Matisow at a table is fun, as would be Daniel.

I think I like watching Jennifer Tilly most.

My guess is that at that level, all the players are nearly equivalent, and it becomes style that wins or loses.

G

Girl Gamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing style: Daniel N.

Entertainment: Humberto Brenes

Overall person: Daniel N.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scotty, baby!
Men de master-- he has pants that say "The Master" on the leg.
Phil Laak.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FPaulsson. I find him both cool and interesting.

H

HeadShot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All time: Daniel Negreanu

Fun to watch: Daniel Negreanu

Wish to play like: Phil Ivey

Like to challenge: Phil Hellmuth

Like to become more like: Barry Greenstein (as a person)

W

WhiteWidowToker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gus hanson and tony g.

iknow not many people like tony, but i respect his tenacity. despite the fact people want to rip his head off he keeps yapping.

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing better than watching a good Tony G berating.

as far as by skill, my favs are online pros like SBrugby, OMGCLAYAIKEN, and Durrr..... i venture to say that they would absolutely murder any TV pro out there in a high stakes cash game

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sbrugby is on High Stakes Poker and I've heard he finishes down $100k or so.

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh well, sh*t happens. put sbrugby in that game every day for a year and watch what happens.

ps- 100k is the miniumum buyin in that game

Richard7787

Richard7787

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many of the above names, but Ill be adding Pippa Flanders to my list after i saw her DEMOLISH the table on the party poker European Open III on Channel 5 last night, any other Brits catch it?