Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are your favorite cards??
Mine are K 8 !
Let's get this rolling!!

Come on - you can't just leave us hanging like that; there must be some story or reason behind K 8 for your favorite hand. It isn't a common choice, it sounds like potential for a good story: gather round everybody!

My favorite cards are the ones that hit the flop hard :), actually I have a little weakness for TJh, but I'll take AA anytime.

Yes, who doesn't like AA? Rhetorical! Rhetorical! Gosh, I know many people have bad experiences with AA, but I'll take the best preflop hand any day :)

i hate them all

lol sounds like someone has been playing cards for long enough to have suffered from a few bad beats :D

Any particular reason for Q 9? I'm curious at least...

My favorite AA cards. I am sober about all the odds, and according to them, this is the most profitable hand, which is why it is my favorite. The main thing is to play it correctly and then you will have very high chances of winning.

Agreed - I'll happily take AA :)

I don't think it pays me to have "favorite cards" and I don't quite understand that. Of course gamblers have a wide variety of superstitions so I guess that explains some of the above.

If a Poker Genie came down and told you that in the next tournament every other hand you got would be your "favorite," would something like 65s really be an advantage? Nope. I think picking something AKs or better would make more sense.

Note: There is no such thing as a Poker Genie.

True if speaking only objectively, but I also think part of players developing "favorites" has to do with them playing the game for so long and needing a small detail like being dealt your "favorite cards" to give them a morale boost.

I'm most happy with AA and hands that perform well, but I also like Ah9c because (if I recall correctly) that was my final holding at the end of my first ever poker freeroll where I could actually win something (unlike a video game etc.). That freeroll was the CardsChat 30 Day Course event, so I guess if it wasn't about objective hands then Ah9c is my "favorite." Of course, I'll fold that hand without a second thought if I'm in a serious game or needing to tighten up etc.

Nothing wrong with "messing around" and playing "favorite hands" and trash holdings if at social homegames and such with friends etc., but one can't expect to be winning by playing objectively bad cards - AA for the win!

Obviously AA but I guess I can deal with KK LOL

Same. I can deal with KK enough to want to get all of my chips into the middle :)

I like Christmas cards :icon_bigs Get well soon cards :p but i really like birthday cards :rolleyes:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

:D Great to see a sense of humor. In fact, I took it similarly. When I first read this thread title, I thought they meant like favorite brand of playing cards. btw, my new Copag cards I like a lot :)

I take the ladies all the Time

I only love QQ when I'm not up against KK or AA, but I don't like QQ too much when super far behind lol. Don't get me started with set over set with the bigger pairs either ;)

Yup prp checks out ;)

my favorite cards are all suits and all pairs ...:eek:

I thought you were going to say suited Aces only, but all right xD

soLdaTeS88

soLdaTeS88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
suited 9 and 10 ... and of course AA pair or KK pair

Banjois

Banjois

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A pair of fours.

Or anything else, really. I play every hand like I have a pair of fours.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love KK, but they are more broken than rockets, so i'll switch to AA as favorite , If you believe it.

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
¡Mis cartas favoritas son 96 de cualquier palo!

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
K8 :)
It gives me the opportunity to get KK 88 in holdem :) which is the hand that my GGpa won our Canadian Citizenship :) (He won a farm in Saskatchewan in 1922)

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK suited. And the sweetest of hearts.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: A10 colored, it is my favorite hand.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't have a favorite hand, but I suppose if I had to choose one it would have to be A,A, It is undoubtedly the best starting hand you can have, but with Poker any two cards can win, I have on some occasion called an all-in with a smaller pocket pair like 2,2, or 3,3, and made trips against a pocket pair of Aces.
It is all in the lap of the Poker Gods! which hand will win?

When the fun Stops, STOP!

H

hohol97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any trash that I can fold in bubble