Experimenting with other styles of play.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
As a recreational player, I like to mix different strategies depending on my opponents and/or buy-in and that's how I still enjoy playing the game after 10+ years... Still, if you are a reg and are trying to make a leaving from poker, maybe it would be a good idea to stick to one style of play(also one type of game), try to 'master' it and hopefully you'll be able to 'print' money $$$

dsmilez

dsmilez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG is my preferred style but I certainly deviate from this based on my opponents. Lately, I've been toying with a LAG style since I play the micros and players tend to overfold. I tend to either build a nice stack or bust out early. LAG definitely feels right, but I haven't perfected it yet.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My style of poker playing is adaptive, in order to control the pot, usually, I use my opponent's strength (or weakness) against itself.

C

CourtJester

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just do the opposite of what the table is generally doing. If everyone is playing loose, I'll play tight. If they're playing tight, I'll play loose.

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not about playing style, but I'm experimenting with playing different hands. :viking:

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much you are able to readjust during the game and adapt to the situation determines your success. Therefore, I constantly change my style of play depending on the opponents at the table.

S

slothi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I adapt to the table and to the stage of tournament. But sometimes I try to be a LAG in micro-sats in early stage to increase my stack soon.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to not just play a set style, but to adapt to the villans and the situation. You dont want to play super tight in a turbo or super loose in a doubler- Or you may not want to raise the blind of a player who defends it every time with your 26o on the bubble.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to be ________ at the beginning of the tourney
Terry I don't know how I play
I don't ever plan anything

But when I see a chance to outplay my opponent
I take it

Though I'm sure my backers all have mixed opinions on my average style:joyman:
Your a Rockstar Bro,,,don't EVER change,,, :thrasher:

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
From everything I've read and from my own experience, I've learned that there is no such thing as going into a poker table with a certain strategy in mind.
In poker, you are always facing a number of people, and people are so different and especially so unpredictable which requires the ability of adaptation, in poker more than in any other game. I always said that the dynamic of any given table will dictate the proper strategy.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep varying my game to be completely elusive ... but let’s just say I’ll be recognizable that way.:hmmmm:

Nonetheless, it’s important to change your style of play from time to time to be effective.
At low stakes, however, someone with a tight aggressive style can be successful, you even need a change at the final table or nearing the end of the tournament to win a tournament. :icon_rr:

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker tournament experimentation is a good idea as long as you have chips you can afford to lose

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
yes, I am constantly experimenting, in fact, my style of play also depends largely on the format of the tournament in turbo, I will play more slowly, everything also depends on the situation, and I think the style of play needs to be constantly changed

Pray tell me... what style of play is this?

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 6037.jpg
    ScreenHunter 6037.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 5
  • ScreenHunter 6039.jpg
    ScreenHunter 6039.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 5
L

luckyrnmd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many of you make it a practice to play differently than your normal game play?
For example, If you're normally an TAG, do you deviate from that style and play as a LAG for an entire tournament. I do this as a stress test in micros just to see how far I can get. Anyone else try this from time to time?
I do not understand you. I play like i think is better.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
May be I'm predictable. I usually play "one way" because I win the most that way. That "way" includes mixing up my play a little on a regular basis, but nothing radical.