Everybody likes a chop pot?

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I played the 150 k tourney on 888 (I won the ticket of 109$)
Three times I got my chips all in with the better hand on the turn, and three times the obvious fishes got saved by the river to chop the pot. I can't say, that I love to chop pots, when I have the advantage, do you? BTW, the end was: After 2 1/2 hrs I finally got my first Premium hand KK UTG, min raised and left unanswered. Next hand I have K2s and the CO min-raised. I shoved my last 9 BB hoping he folded as usual to 3bets, but he snap called and showed me ...KK!!! Poker is soooo funny sometimes :(

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Chop pots are ok if you wer not ahead. Otherwise they suck. Such as Aces versus A2 off, it runs out A 10 J Q K. It has happened to me.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I played the 150 k tourney on 888 (I won the ticket of 109$)
Three times I got my chips all in with the better hand on the turn, and three times the obvious fishes got saved by the river to chop the pot. I can't say, that I love to chop pots, when I have the advantage, do you? BTW, the end was: After 2 1/2 hrs I finally got my first Premium hand KK UTG, min raised and left unanswered. Next hand I have K2s and the CO min-raised. I shoved my last 9 BB hoping he folded as usual to 3bets, but he snap called and showed me ...KK!!! Poker is soooo funny sometimes :(

Chop pots are better than losing.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
chop pots ? I do not like them , ofcourse if the buy in is high for my standards and I am the one to be saved by the river , I wouldn't say no . But overally I do not like it , and also the times I have been saved are very few , most of the times my opponents get saved , they playd right with the RNG :(

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
When I am ahead and chop pot happens, my first thought is at least my opponent didn't get so lucky that he wins. And when I am behind and chop pot happens, I am ok with it.

So overall, I don't mind it. Obviously your case is excessive and everybody would get annoyed at that point. But its rare for such to happen.

W

whyfold that

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like chop pots but it does beat losing

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I am ahead and a chop pot happens, it throws me on tilt, where, there after I have it out for the villain who chopped with me. When I am behind and a chop pot happens, I feel overwhelmed with joy. Maybe I am bi polar with my emotions with poker.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chop pots

I am not a fan of Chop Pots but they are actually better then losing.

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if I was about to lose!! Chop pot is a nice bonus on the river when your about to lose a bunch of chips!