Even the Pros cannot take a beat.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been watching the 10k wcoop buy-in on and off all day, have to admit that I didn't see the hand but Isabelle Mercier took a then top ten placed Anette_15 all but out with a full house over a set.

Now I dont know if they have history but I thought this was poor form from Anette.

Attachments

• annette.jpg
    annette.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 18
zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If she did get slowrolled there's really no problem there. Slowrolling's just low, but I wonder if Annette will get a chat ban for averting the filter?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is slowrolling?
Is it same thing as slowplaying?

ryodejaneiro

ryodejaneiro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowrolling is basically purposefully turning over your winning hand slowly. I think there was a thread a week or two back that talked about this a little. What it comes down to is that slowrolling is poor poker etiquette.

I guess Mercier took a while to reveal her winning hand? I'm not quite sure how people slowroll online especially when there's a showdown. Am I missing something here?

P

popovich9008

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe she took a long time to raise toward the end of the hand.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or maby she timed out before calling with the FH.
I see no problem with Annettes coment if she was indeed slowrolled.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or maby she timed out before calling with the FH.
I see no problem with Annettes coment if she was indeed slowrolled.

This.

If Annette pushes all-in and she takes like 3 minutes and finally calls with the full house, that is a slowroll, and it's one of the most dick things you can do when not actually cheating/stealing.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
O.k. what difference does it make? Is it just the issue of wasting someones time?

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you slowroll online...maybe their computers running slow.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
annette is down with the internet players so i don't she'll receive any criticism if she was indeed slowrolled

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, slowrolling is bad. But that type of chat is worse. When someone slowrolls me, I just say "Nice slowroll". But Annette made herself look worse by hurling insults.

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was watching it a bit earlier too. Railed Tom McEvoy and her.

Annette_15: if u shove there i puke

^^^she is so lady like lol

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, slowrolling is bad. But that type of chat is worse. When someone slowrolls me, I just say "Nice slowroll". But Annette made herself look worse by hurling insults.

Why is this chat worse? They're just words. You think cursing and name-calling is worse than breaking the etiquette of a game? If Tiger's partner yelled during his backswing and he cursed him out afterwards, you'd honestly side with the partner who yelled during the backswing?

edit: Plus she's probably right.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
O.k. what difference does it make? Is it just the issue of wasting someones time?
Well its simply poor etiquette.
If some one bets into you and you have the nuts(or close to it and no way your folding) taking time and acting "weak" to try to get the rest of the vilians chips in the pot is completly accepteble but if vilian pushes all-in and you use your whole time bank before calling with your FH,set ect is bad etiquette.
Your not changing any thing exepted giving your oponent false hope before basicly kicking him in the nuts.
Slowrolling in poker=Bad sportmanship.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I get it so there is no advantage to it it is just an ass move.
Thank you all.

ryodejaneiro

ryodejaneiro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This.

If Annette pushes all-in and she takes like 3 minutes and finally calls with the full house, that is a slowroll, and it's one of the most dick things you can do when not actually cheating/stealing.

This makes better sense now.

Out of curiosity, was there anyone left to act after Mercier? I assume there wasn't given Anette's comments, but if someone was left to act, then that's about the only time I can see someone taking time to make a call - to induce another player to call or raise.

In any case though, the slowrolling was a bad move, though I'm not too fond of Anette's comments either.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's the HH, apparently she took over 5 minutes of the time bank.

pokerstars Game #20228966474: Tournament #200800005, $10000+$300 Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (400/800) - 2008/09/07 18:22:44 ET
Table '200800005 34' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 2: NoMercy (60280 in chips)
Seat 3: PURPLEPILS99 (20106 in chips)
Seat 4: ocrowe (20750 in chips)
Seat 5: Annette_15 (69670 in chips)
Seat 6: Dariominieri (61756 in chips)
Seat 7: samh133 (28369 in chips)
Seat 8: VBOOS (75840 in chips)
Seat 9: x-13 (27818 in chips)
samh133: posts small blind 400
VBOOS: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
x-13: folds
NoMercy: raises 1400 to 2200
PURPLEPILS99: folds
ocrowe: folds
Annette_15: calls 2200
Dariominieri: calls 2200
samh133: folds
VBOOS: folds
*** FLOP *** [4c 3h 6s]
NoMercy: checks
Annette_15: bets 5450
Dariominieri: folds
NoMercy: calls 5450
*** TURN *** [4c 3h 6s] [Ac]
NoMercy: bets 10000
Annette_15: raises 52020 to 62020 and is all-in
nitbuster is connected
NoMercy: calls 42630 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (9390) returned to Annette_15
*** RIVER *** [4c 3h 6s Ac] [6c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
NoMercy: shows [3s 3d] (a full house, Threes full of Sixes)
Annette_15: shows [6h 5h] (three of a kind, Sixes)
NoMercy collected 123960 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 123960 | Rake 0
Board [4c 3h 6s Ac 6c]
Seat 2: NoMercy showed [3s 3d] and won (123960) with a full house, Threes full of Sixes
Seat 3: PURPLEPILS99 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: ocrowe folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Annette_15 showed [6h 5h] and lost with three of a kind, Sixes
Seat 6: Dariominieri (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 7: samh133 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: VBOOS (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: x-13 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

ryodejaneiro

ryodejaneiro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks zachvac the HH helps to understand the context better.

But I'm a bit confused - Unless I'm misinterpreting the HH, Mercier didn't have the full house before making the call, but she had the low set. Anette could've had a set of 4's, 6's, or even made trip aces on the turn.

Of course the issue was how long the Mercier took - 5 minutes does seem excessive, but I can see how someone could go in the tank for a while given that the hand could still be beat. I'm not pro/anti-Anette - I'm just trying to put the pieces together so I can understand the situation better.

Anyone have other thoughts about this?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 5 minutes is extremely excessive, I would be pissed too, whether or not she had the hand that is ridiculous.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol she's never folding a set that short. Plus Annette is a super-aggro player from what I've seen. If they're deeper she may have considered folding but that short she'd have to be an idiot to fold a set.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is this chat worse? They're just words. You think cursing and name-calling is worse than breaking the etiquette of a game? If Tiger's partner yelled during his backswing and he cursed him out afterwards, you'd honestly side with the partner who yelled during the backswing?

edit: Plus she's probably right.
What part of "slowplaying is bad" don't you understand? Does it really appear to you that I am "siding with" a slowplayer? I think you need a dictionary and a reading comprehension course, son.

And you think throwing a fit is OK? Fine, Zachy. You go through life thinking whining like a little baby is the professional way to handle things. You go ahead and think that cussing someone out is the professional way to handle things. You go ahead and go through life not caring about making yourself look bad by throwing a hissy. Just keep thinking that Tiger doesn't look like an ass when he cusses people out.

And while were at it, you just keep crapping on people here on Cardschat and thinking nothing will come of it. You're a real professional. Did you stat this out like you do everything else? Then I think your stats are wrong because I'm not taking your crap anymore.

Put that in your Hold'em Manager!

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

How do you slowroll online...maybe their computers running slow.

Yeah taking 5 minutes to decide on a Full House would be extreme slowrolling

Both in Live Games (where slowrolling is turning your cards over with a long delay)

and in Online Games (where slowrolling is making an obviously easy decision taking a lot of time--esp with the nuts when you are the last to act)

Slowrolling has always been associated with the Low of the Low
If you want people to think of you as a universal scum..then you do the practice

P

Paulozg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if Annette got slowrolled, i think she should've kept shut, i think she's just lowering her level to the level of the player who slowrolled her. It's normal to an amateur too complain about something, but i think a pro should keep it cool, just my opinion

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having seen the HH, I don't have a problem with Mercier taking 5 minutes there. Is she folding the set, probably not. But this is a $10K buyin. 5 minute tank jobs in $10K events happen all the time.

On a side note, Mercier was quite drunk and acted inappropriately at several wsop events this year. Granted Annette didn't play in any of those because she isn't 21 yet, but perhaps Mercier is growing a reputation for herself.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What part of "slowplaying is bad" don't you understand? Does it really appear to you that I am "siding with" a slowplayer? I think you need a dictionary and a reading comprehension course, son.

And you think throwing a fit is OK? Fine, Zachy. You go through life thinking whining like a little baby is the professional way to handle things. You go ahead and think that cussing someone out is the professional way to handle things. You go ahead and go through life not caring about making yourself look bad by throwing a hissy. Just keep thinking that Tiger doesn't look like an ass when he cusses people out.

And while were at it, you just keep crapping on people here on Cardschat and thinking nothing will come of it. You're a real professional. Did you stat this out like you do everything else? Then I think your stats are wrong because I'm not taking your crap anymore.

Put that in your Hold'em Manager!

Is this a level :confused: if not the irony is ridiculous.

Last edited: