meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi all. I don't know if here is the right place for this post, but let's go. Please move if necessary.

I just came to tell you: Pay attention to ergonomy while playing poker for a long period. Make pauses, exercises, and be careful with your body. Sometimes, everything seems okay, but soon you will have serious problems.

Today I had a surgery on my back. It was not all poker related, but I'm sure it can contribute. Hours and hours in front of my laptop, after 8-9 hours seated in my office.

Make it count! Be careful.

I'm okay at home right now.

Cheers,

meagain00

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good organization and moderate regime are the right words! It is also worth paying attention to a good screen and the correct color settings. The lives of your eyes matter!

Gritz18

Gritz18

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today I had a surgery on my back. It was not all poker related, but I'm sure it can contribute. Hours and hours in front of my laptop, after 8-9 hours seated in my office.
I hope you recover and get well.:)
After I had covid in 2019, I had sequelae, especially back pain, but I consulted a physical therapist and he gave me some exercises and I'm getting better.
The big problem is that I'm very forgetful and sometimes I stop doing the exercises, I think the covid affected my memory too.
I noticed that my two neurons are not talking to each other.:ROFLMAO:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I hope you recover and get well.:)
After I had covid in 2019, I had sequelae, especially back pain, but I consulted a physical therapist and he gave me some exercises and I'm getting better.
The big problem is that I'm very forgetful and sometimes I stop doing the exercises, I think the covid affected my memory too.
I noticed that my two neurons are not talking to each other.:ROFLMAO:
So Cesar the covid did not affect your back, it affected your brain.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I also had covid and it affected my brain too. I was crazy before, now I'm much worseo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
My regards, brother:):):):giggle::giggle:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The important thing brother is that first of all you are in better health.
Maybe poker added to your long office hours.
When I worked in the office years ago I suffered a lot from my spine, today I have arthritis in the lower area of my spine.
Well brother, maybe a good daily exercise brings improvements to so much sedentary lifestyle
Greetings and good health:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi all. I don't know if here is the right place for this post, but let's go. Please move if necessary.

I just came to tell you: Pay attention to ergonomy while playing poker for a long period. Make pauses, exercises, and be careful with your body. Sometimes, everything seems okay, but soon you will have serious problems.

Cheers,

meagain00
Good topic and good advice. Ergonomics is very important for those who are in a sitting position for a long time.

Danaire72

Danaire72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
I consider that playing poker for many hours is harmful to health. both mentally and physically, it is a very important topic to deal with in chat forums. I have also had cervical problems and headaches, all of this is due to the many hours that I sometimes spend on my computer. It's not healthy at all, that's why I recommend not playing for long periods, you have to take care of your health. Good advice.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is very good advice, thank you, I regularly feel some pain from posture. I hope you are well from the operation, to continue

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The quality of the chair you sit on is very important. You only get one back

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Useful lessons for poker players who have not yet understood it's time to start.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Cheers,

meagain00
Excellent advice. I noticed some agitation in my lower back, myself, and I went and got a nice Sealy office chair to play in. It was truly a positive investment. I hope you recover from your surgery in spades, lol. GL, man.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good hint, meagain00!
Staying playing poker for many hours a day in the same position can harm the organism. It's always good to remember to move the whole body frequently and perform physical exercises that provide well-being.