EPT BERLIN VIOLENT ROBBERY ON TAPE

R

rhulp1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ueberfall-grand-hyatt-berlin-poker-turnier-15330088-mfbq,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

hmmmm doesnt GRAF wear a red jacket???

ueberfall-grand-hyatt-berlin-poker-turnier-15330087-mfbq,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thats crazy, to bad we weren't able to see more. I guess those guys got smart and found out its easier to steal the money than to go through over 5K people to win that amount of money. Well i'm sure they'll boost security next year, hope everyone came out safe. :)

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How many robbers got caught? Nice pics above, bet the guy in the red jacket wasn't expecting to get caught by the man in the suit. :D

R

rhulp1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i read the story in german and i guess they all got away because the other guy had a weapon and freed the red jacket man. nobody got hurt luckely

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still no reports from the big news stations.
These guys had been crazy to try to pull this off.

TexasPokerStar

TexasPokerStar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw the video, crazy stuff... am sure everyone had a good scare... wish I was there to see the faces of some of the pros... they would have been priceless... to see them run and scream like little girls ;-)

jmasterrich

jmasterrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow thats really bad. Not only for the people there, but just like for the image of poker in general.

bogweed1964

bogweed1964

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was watching as it happened, pokerstars.tv just pulled the plug (obviously not serious journalists on their team), I thought it was a fire or bomb scare at the time. They announced nothing other than the broadcast was halted due to "technical difficulties" and that the tournament would restart shortly after an "unscheduled early break". They later announced play would resume tomorrow but gave no additional information

S

slicky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did they get anything besides getting attacked

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I saw the video, crazy stuff... am sure everyone had a good scare... wish I was there to see the faces of some of the pros... they would have been priceless... to see them run and scream like little girls ;-)

Would've been nice ^ ....?????:confused: you lost me on that one... I can't see the 'nice' part of it.

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's pretty scary. Robbing an establishment like that is quite a brazen act. Having said that, I can't say I'm completely surprised. The economy is still in bad shape (despite what the authorities would have you believe), and desperate people do desperate things. I hope no one was hurt and they catch all those thugs.

ihtennis

ihtennis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i saw this and was just about to post it here too

A

AceZWylD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holy shit, that's some scary stuff. Glad everyone came out alright.

Incidents like this are why online poker should be legalized in the US. No one has ever been robbed at gunpoint on an online gaming site.

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would've been nice ^ ....?????:confused: you lost me on that one... I can't see the 'nice' part of it.

+1

Who in the world would want to be there or think it would be funny or priceless to see people who are worried about getting shot? Anyone who has ever had any experience with gun-toting scared and stupid thugs would know that's the last place you'd want to be.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1

Who in the world would want to be there or think it would be funny or priceless to see people who are worried about getting shot? Anyone who has ever had any experience with gun-toting scared and stupid thugs would know that's the last place you'd want to be.
For the record I have had no experience with it and I still know that is not the place to be, or is remotely funny no matter who may be in the situation.