The Eagle, The Rock , or The ABC player ??

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the Eagle on Hem the player thats the best and how should you play against him ??:damnmate:

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol, what are you talking about..?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, what are you talking about..?

HEM has an auto-rating feature that displays a small icon in your HUD. Based entirely on VPIP/PFR as far as I know. Rock for nits, fish for fishes, whale for whales, ... Eagle is for the laggish TAGs or taggish LAGs - 24/20 or something like that - i.e. pretty much the hardest opponents to play against (preflop at least).

The way to play them: if they're on your immediate left, stand up from the table unless there's also a huge whale at the table to make up for it. If they're on your right or front, it's not too much of a big deal. And if you can't avoid them, take some extra time to look at their game and try to figure out if they have postflop leaks you can exploit.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you look in the menu "Options/Autorate" within HEM, you will see the details. It varies from Full Ring to 6 Max and from Cash to Tourney, but is roughly what Belgo said. The definitions are user-configurable, if you don`t like the standard set-up.

Confusingly, the icons shown in that menu do not look the same as the ones which appear in the HUD. Not sure why, presumably a bug ?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn I really had no clue, but thx for clearing it up for me Belgo, and Ego...So this is just for Hem? Now curious as to why Belgo, you stated if there's a whale at your table then stay (I would assume whales=Rich)? Or am I mistaken...I don't have HEM or any soft-ware at this present moment but will soon enough

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a whale is just a huge fish.

I don't have it here, but I think HEM would classify a 40/12 as a fish, but a 80/2 as a whale.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HEM has an auto-rating feature that displays a small icon in your HUD. Based entirely on VPIP/PFR as far as I know. Rock for nits, fish for fishes, whale for whales, ... Eagle is for the laggish TAGs or taggish LAGs - 24/20 or something like that - i.e. pretty much the hardest opponents to play against (preflop at least).

The way to play them: if they're on your immediate left, stand up from the table unless there's also a huge whale at the table to make up for it. If they're on your right or front, it's not too much of a big deal. And if you can't avoid them, take some extra time to look at their game and try to figure out if they have postflop leaks you can exploit.

You can have a fairly tight 15/14 (FR) with an eagle, they just 3-bet more than an ABC player. But yeah if you have enough hands on someone to find they're an eagle and they're to your left, the advice above is spot on.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just because I'm bored and it's open.

According to HEM auto-rate:

Fish = Over 20 hands VPIP over 40.
Whale = Over 20 hands VPIP over 70 or over 100 hands VPIP over 50.
Eagle = Over 100 hands 3-bet between 5 and 10 AND
VPIP between 15-25, PFR between 10-25, Agg factor >2.