ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i dont think its a good idea to mix alcohol and weed during tourneys, as they said if you play for fun its ok, but in real tournaments i would never do it.

about the addictive stuff.. like ricky said.. marihuana is not addictive, (dont tell me i should look for help cause its more than a year i havent smoke and i only do not smoke because i dont have a time to smoke and relax xD) person who get "addicted" its not because of the marihuana, its because they compensate some type of frustrations in their lifes with the pleasure that it gives you, but dont misunderstood it, marihuana is not addictive

You just said marijuana isn't addictive but people get addicted to it. I can't understand the disconnect. It seems like you may not understand what addiction is.

Edit: from some of the replies here, I'm going to postulate that weed destroys the part of your brain that controls spelling and expressing a simple thought. This post was pretty decent in that regard though, right? Seems different things affect different people different ways.

rickypr18

rickypr18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe your not understanding the word some? Some people are prone to addiction. Gladly, it seems you are in the other category. I'm happy for you that you're not addicted. Maybe you should overthrow the institution of modern science, because that's who you're arguing with. Or we can all just go with the addicts of every substance on earth. Nobody says they are addicted. It's called denial and it's literally the first sign of addiction.

Oh please... The own title of the article YOU posted a link to says marijuana addiction is rare. Not only that, I believe marijuana is only psychologically addictive, not physically addictive. Physical addiction is worse, and it's part of what makes drugs like nicotine, heroin, crack, meth, and others so destructive.
A psychological addiction can happen with any activity, hobby, etc. I am addicted to poker more so than I'm addicted to weed, and I can recognize that. Addiction doesn't mean denial. People who are addicted to something often admit it. Not all of them deny it. Many know they are addicted, but they just can't quit whatever it is they're addicted to. You have such a one track mind it's pathetic.

H

HypeHillbilly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well one thing is for sure i win alot of tourneys smoking go look at my other post see how many tourneysi won all on marijuana

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love to play live against smokers or drunks.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Oh please... The own title of the article YOU posted a link to says marijuana addiction is rare. Not only that, I believe marijuana is only psychologically addictive, not physically addictive. Physical addiction is worse, and it's part of what makes drugs like nicotine, heroin, crack, meth, and others so destructive.

A psychological addiction can happen with any activity, hobby, etc. I am addicted to poker more so than I'm addicted to weed, and I can recognize that. Addiction doesn't mean denial. People who are addicted to something often admit it. Not all of them deny it. Many know they are addicted, but they just can't quit whatever it is they're addicted to. You have such a one track mind it's pathetic.

Your first paragraph confirmed every word I've said, but you were trying to argue the point. Sadly, you made the exact points I made and didn't even realize it.

Also, I've seen your recent posts on the forum, and I would suggest turning down the douchebaggery a bit. If you like insulting people who are making intelligent posts that add to the discussion, you'll find more people of the same mind at 2p2. Things around here are generally more mature. People don't generally get all in a huff when someone makes a post that they don't agree with.

Also, gambling addiction is a very serious problem for many people, so the poker addiction quote you made doesn't lessen anything as you intended it to.

Last edited:
jgdesabato

jgdesabato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I want to drink I drink if I want to smoke tobacco. I owe nothing to anyone, I paid all consumption.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ok, I just read my last post, I'm a douche too.

H

HypeHillbilly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You guys know that is is impossible to get addicted to weed right lol

this post wasnt about addiction and it was about performace..
and weed is a performance enhancing drug look at recent studys for triathlon
runners like my boy Nick Diaz ( UFC Fighter) and How Getting High Before During and After Helps the body Deal with extreme coonditions
here is link
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-marijuana-affects-working-out-2015-1
http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/exercise/get-high-train-harder-20141113

It didn't start out about addiction, but you helped it take that direction with your misinformation.

papi1207

papi1207

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
smoking some weed in yr home and playing online is OK :smokin:

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right here you said that any occupation when playing poker distracting. I even avatars the table tidy, so it is easier to make decisions. But television does not bother me. And any muck never himself not baiting. I conduct a healthy way of life and you wish to.

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do drink a little when I play and it defo makes me play more AG... Too much tho and the concentration and focus goes out the window...

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Love to play live against smokers or drunks.

thats the fastest way to win! :D but not only live, play online vs drunker sometimes quite easy to! smoke only at 5 min break, absolutely dont use alcohol, any type, thats can help me to focused on game)

B

BigBloom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weed is not a drug its a herb the seed was given to us to burn and use

I been high since 1997 I cant play poker without weed

almanik

almanik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never smoke home. At all. But I can drink beer or some other alcohol during playing poker. Don't think that it make my game better. But sometimes it's fun to play when you drunk! ))

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Weed is not a drug its a herb the seed was given to us to burn and use

I been high since 1997 I cant play poker without weed

You're not supposed to burn the seeds.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can add painkillers and anti depressant drugs especially if you have exceeded your prescription. These would make me tilt like anything.

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smoking weed is for the weak, only idiots smoke weed, what a waste of money.

rickypr18

rickypr18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smoking weed is for the weak, only idiots smoke weed, what a waste of money.

Tell that to cancer patients, people who suffer from PTSD, and kids who suffer from epilepsy. Ignorant ^&*(

B

bunetae1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont smoke weed but I like to drink beer. Just one or two. If I dring more I dont play good.