RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
People who don't play poker tend to get in the way of poker players for the simple reason that they don't believe it's possible to get good results. How to deal with people constantly disturbing our game, whether asking for things, or bothering and taking our concentration away.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My relatives do not share my attitude to the poker , they do not believe me

GrEbZ2021

GrEbZ2021

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
before the war in Ukraine, I could throw about $50 a month, but now there is no possibility to replenish the accounts of poker stars and gpoker

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
People who don't play poker tend to get in the way of poker players for the simple reason that they don't believe it's possible to get good results. How to deal with people constantly disturbing our game, whether asking for things, or bothering and taking our concentration away.
Yes I can relate to that...
They just can't understand the importance for us

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you mean your family?
I think the best way is you try to explain to your family how much poker is important to you and that they should respect your moment when you are playing.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's best to ignore these people and move on with your poker project. In fact, for everything in life it should be like this. Many weaklings approach, out of envy, to disturb those who have dreams and seek to fulfill them. For those who play poker, this situation is no different.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think you are likely oversimplifying your own situation, whatever it is. Are these people that care about you? Family? Friends? Are you spending much time with them or are you withdrawing from their lives to pursue poker at an increasing rate?

Take a step back and make sure that these aren't more than just people that need to be "dealt with" because they are getting in the way of your poker, especially when poker is netting you maybe a few cents on the hour with a small return on investment.

People in your life are very often much more important than your pursuit of poker. Keep that in mind. Maybe some of your concentration could be better spent on your relationships with people who care about you. Whatever your situation, remember to keep an open mind to the needs of those in your life and avoid becoming closed in with what may end up being an unhealthy obsession.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How do you deal with real life? People frequently talk about learning things playing poker that they can apply to real life situations, have you considered applying real life lessons to poker situations?

runson

runson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are your biggest competition, remember that. Everything else goes along.