Double Trouble

N

naostarr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I joined a tournament with my partner. It's a pair tourney called Double Trouble. It is so cool to have common interests with your partner, and though you accumulate point collectively its even better if you can out do him/ her. Poker is the perfect place to be competitive but still work towards a common goal. So after round one I am on top... well on top of my partner that is, as I had a deeper finish than him. That felt really good but I was saddened to be the first off the final table. Let's hope next round is better for him and for me.

I plan on letting you know how it goes. Any other couple players out there? Let me know how its going for you.
This tourney had some interesting hands. Next tourney I will focus on a couple of them.

See you.... till then,,, poker, poker, poker!

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello there smart-mouth :p !

You are right, it is awesome to have a life partner who enjoys some of the things you do. Thanks for being a cool wife :love:.

It is a pity that I did not read this before playing my second game :mad:. This would have definitely motivated me to try harder :unsure:.

By the way, I did improve in my last game, finishing 10th, after some really unfortunate hands.

Playing poker against you has been a blast. I never thought that I would get a chance to play on the same team as you but thanks to the CC Team it is possible.

There are lots of cool activities here on CC, so I welcome you and encourage you to be an active member by making regular posts. This would get you into many freerolls and provide a great opportunity to build a bankroll and win some cool merchandise. Check those threads out;

The VIP Program

Scavenger Hunt

Individual League

Become a winning player in 30 days - I highly recommend this. Got my first badge and really improved my game. Pity I took a long break afterward. :(

The key to doing well here is participation. So post, post and post some more. Quality posts though :cool: like this one - helping others and generating discussion [about the game. Posting your hands is a great idea - I will drop in and make a contribution.

Cheers to you and the best of luck in your, rather good luck us :ROFLMAO: , in the next match!

N

naostarr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,
Today was tournament day and it was exciting. Huzzy placed 10th this week and so I needed to do well. Things did not start out well at all. It was depressing really. The players on my table were really aggressive today, pushed me out of some very interesting hands:mad:.
This one really hurt... take a look at it here.

When you start off with QQ and do the standard 3X BB you expect some good things right? Wrong! The guys pushed me out of the hand again. The board was just too wet.

What would you have done in this situation? Was I too chicken... I still want to know what he had :cry:.

After making some very hard decisions like this aforementioned one, I got to the final table again. This time I ended in 7th place. :sneaky::cool: I am aiming for an even better placement next week. So I beat the huzzy again, will this continue for the entire challenge? I hope so :sneaky::unsure:.

Until next time... poker, poker, poker!

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am aiming for an even better placement next week. So I beat the huzzy again, will this continue for the entire challenge? I hope so :sneaky::unsure:.

Until next time... poker, poker, poker!
Congrats babes!:love:

We are both on an upward trend from 18th to 10th(me) and 9th to 7th(you). (y)

Looking at it in terms of places, I moved 8 and you moved only 3 spots - so technically I am ahead in the "Most Improved category":ROFLMAO:

The next three games are very important and we have to aim for the first and second places.

On a serious note, I will try to bring up the back end of the partnership.

You are setting a wonderful example and so glad that you are my student! It is always a good day when the student surpasses the teacher. :ninja:

Keep it up and see you at the tables.:cool:

N

naostarr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is that time again. Just got knocked out of the Double Trouble tournament. :cry:
It is bitter sweet today again, but we will get to that later.

I consider myself a tight aggressive player for the most part. I also know when to mix it up. But some times I just feel like the cards are out to get you. Today I got beat by pocket nines three times, being beaten twice on the same table. It did not matter that I was ahead until the river or turn. It did not matter if I hit trips on the flop. Today that pair had my number. I was lucky that I did not risk my tourney on those hands. I guess I was more tight than aggressive on these hands. lol:cool:

I was able to improve on last weeks placement going up to 6th place. YEA!!!!;)

I also performed better than the huzzy today. YEA me!! His performance was a bit disappointing, but I guess someone has to go out at 23rd, right!:cry: You will do better next week baby.

I need to figure out what I got to do to take me to the top three ranks. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can,,,,

Any pointers?

Until next time, Poker, poker, poker!

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also performed better than the huzzy today. YEA me!! His performance was a bit disappointing, but I guess someone has to go out at 23rd, right!:cry: You will do better next week baby.
Well done Naostarr!(y)

I tried being a bit more aggressive than tight in the last tourney, got some sick jokes and went on tilt. All mm recent finishes have been poor and I need to get my head back in the game.

I hope to pull up my end in the next two tourneys.

Great job and I am very proud of you. :love:

N

naostarr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With one round to go, I was hoping to do better at this Double trouble tourney. It was an ok finish, I was sixth again but my partner was not so lucky. He was the first to get kicked out. I think that contributed to him being on tilt for the next few tourneys he played yesterday. It's a good thing that the best three scores will be counted. So hopefully that 28th position does not get counted.

I am hoping this last tourney will have me see a top three finish. I think I need to be more aggressive on some hands. I noticed a few mistakes, one hurt a bit more than the others. I had a chance to get some money even though a smaller stack had the nut flush, but I simply checked. I had the other guy beat with a flush but made no money on the hand. Sad!

I'm learning through experience. It won't happen again!! Fingers crossed! lol!

On another note, I am very happy with my performance so far, I have made the final table every round. Just my p lagging behind lol. ;) You have one more chance to make the final table or even first place baby, make it count!!!!!!

I think you owe me a present for my stellar performance so far ;);). Don't you all agree with me?

Until next time.... poker, poker poker!

N

naostarr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done Naostarr!(y)

I tried being a bit more aggressive than tight in the last tourney, got some sick jokes and went on tilt. All mm recent finishes have been poor and I need to get my head back in the game.

I hope to pull up my end in the next two tourneys.

Great job and I am very proud of you. :love:
Pull your head up is exactly what you need to do. Come on this is not like you. I suggest you take a short break and come back next week ready to go.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent finish again Partner!:ninja:

Continue with your strategy, it appears to be working very well for you. ;)

I will make it up to you in future games. Do not get discouraged.

I think you owe me a present for my stellar performance so far ;);). Don't you all agree with me?

Your request has been noted and your performance definitely deserves some sort of reward! :love:.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cute thread for lovely birds)) Keep that warm attitude between you (y)

N

naostarr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone,
So I decided to do a pre-game post. My P did not get to the final table this week. So he obviously did not take that first place spot I was hoping for. So I's up to me. I do not think we will come out in the top three for this challenge even though I get first place. So I am just going to enjoy the last game for the moth and hope for the best next time. It was fun and my first time keeping a thread in cards chat was interesting. I will surely stat another. See you at the end of of the tourney.
It is already and exciting one. Had to fold top pair because this guy goes all in and I did not want risk my tourney so early.

Till then ............. poker, poker, poker.....

N

naostarr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone
So its over for me. It was not on the happy note I was hoping it would be. For the first time since this tourney started I did not get to the final table. The cards were just not in my favour today. I left at 17th. I may have made my stance at the wrong time, I was less than 5 BB and made the choice. pocket 9 beat me.

I now know the disappointment my partner has felt each week. I am comforted that this finish will not count toward the standings in the challenge.

I look forward to the posting of the finals positions and the commencement of the next moths double trouble tourney.
My final post will be to announce my position and my feeling on it.
Until next time ...... poker, poker poker!

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well done girl!

You showed me how it is done.

I hope that we can play next month so that I can make it up to you.

Really proud of your contribution to the team.

N

naostarr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks partner;),

So everyone, our finish was 16th. We had a total of 49 points, of which I contributed 35 for three final table finishes:love:. I feel really good about participating in my first Cards Chat challenge.

I enjoyed every moment of it, including the disappointments. Learned a lot and vow that this is just the beginning.

Baby i still love you lol. My prediction was correct, I out-performed you lol:sneaky:.

I am also very happy that one other person responded to my thread. Hopefully on the next one someone will actually subscribe. Fingers crossed.

Until next time ..... poker, poker, poker!