Dont start doubting your abilities.

K

kfkid40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think at some point, every player hits a slump where they start to question their own ability to even play the game. This happened to me recently. i had made it up to 700 dollars through what i thought was good play, but shortly after it a slump where i fell to 192. The first few buy ins i lost, i wasnt doing anything different than when i was winning a lot, just the cards werent happening. of course some tilt followed which pushed me down further. and by the time i lost a couple hundred more i found myself questioning every move i would make, becoming very unsure of myself, and questioning whether i should even be playing the game.

If you know you are a good player, dont let a slump ruin your confidence at the table... The one thing i started to do, was just tightened up my game, and forced myself to play the hands i was in without hesitating, but just really tighten up. i was still losing with top pair and 2 pair and so on...but it was happening less...because...well i was playing less hands. i was still declining but was SURE that i was playing right and that the slump would soon end...

well today it did, and i made back 400 dollars today. i guess this whole post might seem kind of meaningless, but the point im trying to make is, if any one of you guys is starting to question your own abilities because of a slump, dont let it get to you.. just really tighten up your game untill it ends, and dont start questioning your own abilities. slumps suck, but know that when it ends youll be back to raking in the green:)

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're right, one shouldn't question one's ability. However, imo, it is extremely important to question one's play. Even if one knows he/she is a good player, he or she may still play bad. If one question's one's play it can help reveal alternate ways one might have played and can greatly improve one's game.

K

kfkid40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someone delete this drunk-written thread...i dont even remember writing it.....

P

PokerkingAAAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing is I dont even know my ability yet and I am doubting it already. I want to know how good I am but I cannot assess that :(