Does having bad streaks at the poker tables affect them in the rest of their daily lives?

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my case, after finishing a poker session, whatever the result, I forget and continue the day normally, greetings
I do not pay attention to temporary difficulties and failures. I treat failure philosophically. Tomorrow will be a new day :)

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In my case, after finishing a poker session, whatever the result, I forget and continue the day normally, greetings
That is the best way to be. If it's just bad luck then it doesnt bother too much, but if I play bad and lose as a result then it puts me in a bad mood!

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that if it affects me a little I try to control it, however, it mostly affects my mood.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A bad streak usually don't affects me in my real life, but sometimes I win tickets to big tournaments playing satellites and when I lose to a bad beat then it affects me, because I could had won a very good amount of money. But it only affects me for 1-2 days max.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing it affected me a little. Nowadays, with more experience and knowledge, I confess that it doesn't affect much.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its is only natural for losing poker sessions to affect the mood for the day, I dont believe anyone can just brush it off and forget about those bad beats. These things linger in the mind. It is how you control those feelings in your every day life, is the important part.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In brazil we have a popular saying:

"Luck in the game, unlucky in love.
Unlucky in gambling, lucky in love."
I choose the second and move on haha

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It affects me during 10 minutes and then I forget

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the downstreak is long, then I'm depressed

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Very interesting question. Thanks for posting. I think a REALLY bad streak would affect almost everyone. I am talking about losing a bunch of money or a large portion of your bankroll, but for most recreational players I think it would be a very short term thing. Me personally a bad streak will give me something to talk about with those who care. Saying things like MAN I didn't make the money in any games this week.... unreal!! But it wouldn't really effect my daily life in a negative way.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A game is a game and life is a life!

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me after you finish playing whether you win or lose.
I try not to think about poker.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
A bad streak always come qhen ur amateur like me it affects the mod because i cant controle to much my emotions but when u evolve ur skills and ur mindset u shouldnt..

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
nope, we leave all the bad beats at the poker table and move on with our lives

Organize a Home Poker Game