Does Fitness Affect Your Play?

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in a healthy body, a healthy mind. poker is not an easy game in which any skills can come in handy.

I

IceQueenAce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fitness definitely plays a part.
But I think that is true of any job. It may play a small part, but poker is a game of very small edges, so any edge helps.
The more mentally fit you are, the better the decisions you can technically make.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
two years ago I weighed 99kg and today with 79kg my life improved a lot, because even to sit for many hours playing poker for me was difficult and very stressful, many times I would give up all in and lose my hands quickly. so from experience I tell you that it is excellent at normal weight to play poker. With a hectic social life, it was not easy to change. "Pretty determination. It is a constant improvement. Physical, mental and technical preparation, three fundamental points in poker that will have a huge influence on the results, "he says.

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I doubt it, but if your job is poker you have so much spare time , working out should be a priority, could help to get away from the stress of the game also.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can be good to be in shape but i doubt the fact that this cood be a must for a profesional poker player

emk4976

emk4976

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is mainly a game of the mind. So its good to exercise your mind a lot. You need to build up mental stamina, dissapline, and focus. In reguards to being physical fit, it helps to be confident and comfortable in any thing you do. Some people stress over things, others can let slide. If working out makes you feel more confident, then it will help you to be fit. I think it has a lot to do with your mind set like others have said. I think having the right plan and strategy along with being prepared helps you in poker as well as knowing the players at your table.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the old days, poker was played while drinking beer with a shotgun nearby.
Science believes (claims to have proof) that our mind works better when we regularly perform some physical activity.
Assuming that one needs a good working mind, stable, focussed, to play poker, I can recommend washing my car, I won't charge you.

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Playing poker exercises my brain. Lots of couch potatoes at the tables going deep in tourneys.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact that is true, to stay focused on things you do, a bit of physical shape is needed, therefore fitness is what you need if you are lets say physical inactive. In other hand, too much of fitness could get you to opposite effectIn order to have good mindset, your body should go along with it

filipks665

filipks665

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i think it effect your mind set, if you workout you feel a lot better. So i think it effects deffinitly.

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sure!

I think that there is a lot of certain, as a healthy mind in a healthy body. Having physical activity frees you from stres, in addition to increasing your endurance, an adequate sleep, and sharing with your family is an added value to the exercises. In general it is best to organize your day to day, that way you will surely have success not only in poker, but in each of the tasks you perform with love and loyalty.