Does everybody bluff?

C

chadherczeg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from my experience....

From my general experience, people seem to play like they see on t.v. They are too loose and think they have to bluff a lot. they don't understand that the pro's get where they are due to patience and good decision making. If your style is working for you stick to it.

M

Metalwarrior

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't bluff a lot, only when I really feel that I can take the pot.
And I don't shove, I see what amount will get the player out of the hand.

danny021

danny021

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea everybodys bluffed.. some just do it more than others..

ugotkicked

ugotkicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that "bluffing" is a huge part of the game.
Its knowing when to bluff by whats on the board and what you
"think" your opponent has .. like say Q high..and you know..
your 8 high will never take down the pot..so..BET..
hey..nice "bluff"

jbatesm

jbatesm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i bluff sometimes but it seems i am caught in a bluff more often than i should be. I say i steal the pot 70 percent of the time but the other 30 percent makes me cringe. I would think the average poker player bluffs sometimes. In my oppinion, bluffing is a big part of my game and when i know i can bluff my opponents at the table, then i believe i should do good at the one table. To me, it is all about reading each opponent and realizing which ones are stronger players and which are weak ones.

white_lytning

white_lytning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NLHE is an art. And one of the tools the artist uses is the bluff. Without the bluff it's like trying to draw the Mona Lisa with a box of crayons.It can be done but only by the very best.:p:p:):)

Please..Poker is not anything close to an art or a sport, its a card game. Its a pet peeve of mine when people do stuff like this, calling things and art because they are complicated. Its not an art. Its a card game and one of the decisions you can make is representing a hand when you don't have one. Nothing artistic about that.

Bluffs are all about timing and value for me. They are like icing on a cake. They help polish off someones game and can be the difference between an average player and a good one, but are too dangerous (for me at least) to use as a major part of my game. Picking up a few pots here and there that you would normally not win can be a big difference in how your session goes. But it all depends on the people you are playing with, and its harder to do (again for me) online than in person.

Unique2Read

Unique2Read

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing I believe is a form of art. Position, table image, etc. etc. are all factors. It's at the right time with the right players that I do bluff. Very rarely do I get caught.

Good poker players are liars every now and again!! :D

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please..Poker is not anything close to an art or a sport, its a card game. Its a pet peeve of mine when people do stuff like this, calling things and art because they are complicated. Its not an art. Its a card game and one of the decisions you can make is representing a hand when you don't have one. Nothing artistic about that.

Bluffs are all about timing and value for me. They are like icing on a cake. They help polish off someones game and can be the difference between an average player and a good one, but are too dangerous (for me at least) to use as a major part of my game. Picking up a few pots here and there that you would normally not win can be a big difference in how your session goes. But it all depends on the people you are playing with, and its harder to do (again for me) online than in person.

Thanks for the description of art. Oh that's right , you said it doesn't exist.:):)

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unrelated really to main topic, but everytime I read the title I think of "Everybody Poops" the little kids book.

But yeah, at low limits you dont see much bluffing unless you clearly have the maniacs marked that just love to bluff. In full ring just assume everyone has a monster, and you need a bigger monster to beat said monster.

Its #1 best!

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a little tidbit I fully believe.

If you don't really know how to play the game, or have the misfortune to sit down at a table where you are the worst player - EVERY bet you make is a bluff. But you are the only one who doesn't know it.

chapeltuno

chapeltuno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never, ever ,ever ,ever, ever BLUFF or think about bluffing unless and I mean a BIG unless you think it will work. (lol) or to put it more into a perspective or your own chip stack; the bigger it grows the more you BLUFF.

white_lytning

white_lytning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the description of art. Oh that's right , you said it doesn't exist.:):)
I never said art doesn't exist. I also never gave a description of what art is. I know what art isn't..and poker is one of the many things that is not close to an art.

People try to make themselves feel good by calling things they do art. "I play x sport. Its an art because I play it and it makes me feel good to ignorantly call my thing an art."

Is playing a slot machine an art?
"ahhhh......butt teres lots a skill in pokr u have to make the rite play at the rite tyme"
Fine, how about Scrabble. Is scrabble an art?

Please...lets leave art to artists and poker to gamblers.