Does astrology (or astronomy) has anything to do with poker?

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not pay attention to such things and the rest, too, I learned to play and now I play poker when I have free time and win when I play a card in poker, but I think that it can be either connected or with something!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
These are interesting facts, but I do not think that you can use it to improve your results. I prefer to concentrate on improving my own skills than on astrological forecasts.
Good luck.

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People stare correlation in the face and prefer belief in ideas more absurd than fantasy novels.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AS soon as I can figure out the Fibonacci sequence in poker, then the connection will be clear, at least with regard to astronomy and poker ;)

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im good astrolog za bounty bilder and progressive KO :eek::D:cool::jd4:

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A deck of cards contain 52 cards but is it a coincidence that we have 52 weeks in a year?
In a suit we have 13 cards but have you noticed there are 13 lunar months (about 12 months and 11 days) as compared with Georgian calendar. How would you explain this?

There are 365 days in a year. If we add all cards of a deck as per their value, we get:
1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13 = 91 X 4 = 364. Do you still think it is a coincidence?

Astronomy deals with stars and their movement. It is a science. And astrology deals what effects these stars and their movements (directly or indirectly) can have on earth or on us. In some quarters it is yet to be treated as science.

I think, the people who invented the cards, do know enough about stars, about their movements, eclipses, how days and nights occur and so on. Their invention was influenced by the knowledge of universe.

What do you think about it?
Ha my first comment was prior to reading your actual post. I stopped at astronomy and went off on a tangent. Interesting points, you bring up!

I am joking in my post about Fibonacci sequence, but only because I do not have a handle on it well enough to support the idea that its prevalent in both poker and Astronomy therefore the connection.

But I found this blog posing the idea of Fibonacci's sequence at work in the solar system. Admittedly I am not smart enough to know if he is a wack job or on point, but interesting none the less : https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.c...was-designed-by-the-fibonacci-sequence-theory

and the sequence can be used in poker https://www.gamblingsites.com/systems-strategies/fibonacci/

Therefore I conclude the connection between Poker and astronomy to be the Fibonacci sequence :D:D:D

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, my attention the thread title, very good. I believe that astrology itself has nothing to do with poker, because remember that the creation of poker stems from many other games. So personally I think it has nothing to do with astrology poker.

FearNoRiver

FearNoRiver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does astrology/astronomy have anything to do with cards

i believe that if a player is deep into that stuff then sure yes it would effect the cards play with them

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion

To be honest i dont believe it, in poker its all about skills and patience.

we can be competent, patient, gifted in psychology but in poker we can leave a tournament at a very advanced stage against someone who blues or even against a game lover by bad luck! if you have the best cards on the flop and your opponent puts all these chips, you will certainly follow him and then the last card served the game turns against you and your cards become loser compared to those of your opponent, in this case what is the use of patience and skill? I think luck still has its place in poker whatever our level

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
réflexion

Ha my first comment was prior to reading your actual post. I stopped at astronomy and went off on a tangent. Interesting points, you bring up!

I am joking in my post about Fibonacci sequence, but only because I do not have a handle on it well enough to support the idea that its prevalent in both poker and Astronomy therefore the connection.

But I found this blog posing the idea of Fibonacci's sequence at work in the solar system. Admittedly I am not smart enough to know if he is a wack job or on point, but interesting none the less : https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.c...was-designed-by-the-fibonacci-sequence-theory

and the sequence can be used in poker https://www.gamblingsites.com/systems-strategies/fibonacci/

Therefore I conclude the connection between Poker and astronomy to be the Fibonacci sequence :D:D:D

it's pure fantasy, following your logic so there will always be winners with the same astrological sign and the others are just extras :) in this case you have to do a survey in the poker sites and see what are the signs that are always winners to know if we are part of these astrological signs lucky or not! :) despite what you have just published is mysterious! in any case I wish you good luck

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what? i think if you looking for resemblance of anything you find it, but...come on!

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it'spure fantasy, following your logic so there will always be winners with the same astrological sign and the others are just extras :) in this case you have to do a survey in the poker sites and see what are the signs that are always winners to know if we are part of these astrological signs lucky or not! :) despite what you have just published is mysterious! in any case I wish you good luck

Nothing in my post references astrology. I was/am referring to Astronomy, and basically making an attempt at a joke. Given that you can find the Fibinocci sequence in much of observed life in both our planet and the solar system. I was attempting to make a paradoy of the fact that you can find patterns in many things if you look at it right:

Anyway just some crazy thoughts late at night after the grind _ good luck to you
on the felt,
hachile1 !

source : https://aas.org/faq/whats-difference-between-astronomy-and-astrology

"...
Astronomy is a science that studies everything outside of the earth's atmosphere, such as planets, stars, asteroids, galaxies; and the properties and relationships of those celestial bodies. Astronomers base their studies on research and observation. Astrology, on the other hand, is the belief that the positioning of the stars and planets affect the way events occur on earth. If you're interested in the solar system and the planets, other celestial objects like asteroids and comets, other galaxies and the rest of the universe, what makes up space, and the possibility of alien life or space travel, astronomy is the field you're considering..."

J

John McDonald

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Horoscope and

Of course it has! I start every day by reading the horoscope. My daily enthusiasm and confidence depends 70% by what I read there. I add to this the numerology 'cause I feel better in the days with a even date. The even months and years are better for me, I'm more productive in this periods. When the horoscope tells me that I'm gonna win and it's a even day in a even month in a even year, it's jackpot for me. Plus, the number 21 is lucky for me. I read about it on 0404 angel number, I know what sign it gaves to me and I use it. I believe that the Universe uses the numbers to help us, to guide us, so it's important to find your number and act when it appears.

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a belief that Sagittarius are better pre-disposed for gambling than most other signs.

That is, they are more willing to take risks and get luckier. This "happy-go-lucky" nature could be a cause and a result of their success.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A deck of cards contain 52 cards but is it a coincidence that we have 52 weeks in a year?

In a suit we have 13 cards but have you noticed there are 13 lunar months (about 12 months and 11 days) as compared with Georgian calendar. How would you explain this?

There are 365 days in a year. If we add all cards of a deck as per their value, we get:
1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13 = 91 X 4 = 364. Do you still think it is a coincidence?

Astronomy deals with stars and their movement. It is a science. And astrology deals what effects these stars and their movements (directly or indirectly) can have on earth or on us. In some quarters it is yet to be treated as science.

I think, the people who invented the cards, do know enough about stars, about their movements, eclipses, how days and nights occur and so on. Their invention was influenced by the knowledge of universe.

I think this is pretty spaced out.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
i dont believe in that kind of things, astrology, horoscopes; come on, to win in poker yoy have to have skills, not even luck works all time.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Very informative, I even never thought about it, it's probably worth some attention.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Of course it has! I start every day by reading the horoscope. My daily enthusiasm and confidence depends 70% by what I read there. I add to this the numerology 'cause I feel better in the days with a even date. The even months and years are better for me, I'm more productive in this periods. When the horoscope tells me that I'm gonna win and it's a even day in a even month in a even year, it's jackpot for me. Plus, the number 21 is lucky for me. I read about it on 0404 angel number, I know what sign it gaves to me and I use it. I believe that the Universe uses the numbers to help us, to guide us, so it's important to find your number and act when it appears.

I feel like I've been wasting my time all these years..... all those books... all those videos... sigh

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some days I'm definitely luckier than others. Not sure if there's a connection there. I recently started to check if my horoscope ( the luck part) and my poker sessions match and they seem to. I'm not saying I believe in it blindly but occasionally I avoid playing poker if my horoscope says I would not be lucky that day.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked the subject really learned to see many similarities between the deck and our lunar calendar or even the days of the years to be the summation of the fact that letters have a beautiful mystery and many doubts
Never really wanted to know was who invented the deck was based on lunar data or in our calendar which can be a reality if we think that each (hearth, clubs, spad and gold) also represents the four seasons but it all leads us to make sure that our beliefs feed how we play poker

I will be more attentive to this issue thanks for creative collaboration

:jd4:mateuspoker

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think everything has its scientific and astrological explanation and also has to do with the letters ... I think if they used mathematical knowledge surely ... no doubt ... nunguna this game as ajedres are very special to play and particularly poker is wonderfully special ...:rolleyes:

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

52 cards 52 weeks
12 face cards for 12 months
4 suits for 4 seasons
13 values for 13 lunar cycles

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hehe... And I the think why room stars called. And it turns out everything is simple. Astronomers sit there :D

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion,that has nothing to do with poker.Ability,study ,concentration have to do more with poker.But Ido respect all opinions.