Does anyone play poker for a living?

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a more profitable job. So, i play poker just for fun and relax.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've been playing poker for about ten years, and 8 of them I played on conventional chips for pleasure but two years ago I logged on to pokerstars and play for real money !!! I go to a small plus))))

mm maksik

mm maksik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to live poker! Once I have enough places to play live poker. if I could move to Las Vegas is going to live poker!!!

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I my case. I have quite well paid job now and my poker skills are only a bit over average.
So I did the math and my estimate was, that after about 3-6 months of training I could make like 1/3 of my current income. There is nice potential for growth, but also some risks of whole online poker business going down slowly. Risks like goverment regulations, hackers, poker bots etc.
So I think its possible to become poker pro. But its not easy at all, all those poker pros work really hard. You wont get rich fast, maybe never get rich. And if you are smart enough to be poker pro, you should be smart enough to be pro in something else.

So I would recomment to go that path only if you really love the game.

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this year I have to try to win some money in poker, who knows maybe it will change my life forever. :D

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahoy there - AlbieTross !
Very good one question : "Live for play ? .. or .. Play for live ?"
I`m - Boris, Moscow city here..
You can reach me - via Skype : enter in search field >>> mb-key
Or - via my e-mail : raiser507@gmail.com
My `facebook page` : https://www.facebook.com/Bengamen
If you wanna to talk - just let me know.
Happy New Year - I wish all the best to you and to all members of your family in that 2017 & all the time !
Bye-hallo then.. see ya..

--
Life is short one - so hurry up by every second !
lets talk about something!

U

uready4dis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One day i want to be a poker pro and rely on its income.

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can earn a living and you can burn everything and become homeless

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never played live. I do not have the opportunity and time. I have enough of the game and online.

V

Valterus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never played. And if I played that with friends for fun. While not the level that even individuals something to read.

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am still to noob for be a pro

PKPurple

PKPurple

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting a good monthly poker income is my goal for this year although I am still missing a lot

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's possible to make money playing poker. But can always come from bad luck, so I personally wouldn't rely solely on poker. You must have a stable income in addition to poker and poker as entertainment and extra income

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys I play online everyday and live about 6 times a month ive had a few little cashes nothing thats gonna help me quit my job yet but im working hard on training programs and reading and watching videos im forgetting to go over hands ive played a review them I think until I master that gonna have to keep working goodluck all

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I relied on an income from poker that I can not drove.

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am software engineer and I also have profitable job.. but I like to play poker and want to get that level that I can play some higher stakes MTTs when I have time..If i catch some final table and nice price it would be nice :)

ElmenhorsteR

ElmenhorsteR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, its good question about play for living:) I started play freerolls, won several $ and now playing with micro stakes:) Believe that i improve my poker skills and could play with a higher "buy-in" :)

GL to all players:)

ALPH4x0MEGA

ALPH4x0MEGA

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did it when I was living in france and when I was a student but it was easy cause when you're student you don't have a lot of charge so 600€ a month is enough otherwise you really have to be a good player 😊

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not my main source of income, but was playing with zero 2400$, and had wanted to be a professional.

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, considering current outcome of Libratus vs. human challenge. Do you think it will become harder for online poker pros to defend their game against army of bots?

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any cardschat member play poker for living ??

i heard that some player just play poker for living,share something pls

M

mad_chils139

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker living

i play poker for a living . if you have any questions ill be more than glad to answer
mad_chils139:D

Shamaniski

Shamaniski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, considering current outcome of Libratus vs. human challenge. Do you think it will become harder for online poker pros to defend their game against army of bots?

The bot can only win at limit holdem as of right now right?

tigeraxl

tigeraxl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i ve tried for an year :)) .Is not easy ,first of all ,you must invest at least 1-5k ,and there should grow your bankrooll .Mine was ~100 $ and i ve only made ~1500 profit that year . So it require schedual ,money investment and a good diet & i didn t respect any of those =))