Does anybody ever get bored of poker?

Z

zex3d

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bored is not the word. there will be correct to say that it is possible to take a break. I have not played online about 5 years, the last time this was fond of the university, and after the game turned into a live meeting with friends that bring more fun) but here a week ago and decided to try online it goes ... all good

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not enough time to play poker to be bored of it.

bettafold

bettafold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not bored, but I can get burned out after awhile...Need a break(as I'm doing right now)

D

deeshark420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I become bored while playing poker I know its time to end the session and start fresh again when I'm in the mood to play.THAT CAN CAUSE YOU TO PLAY ALOT DIFFERENT THAN YOU WOULD IF YOU ARE PAYING ATTENTION TO WHATS GOING ON.Been there done that lol.

ByronP

ByronP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not bored but do take breaks. Live is much better but those one outers still hit there also. lol

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont get bored just overplayed, which means Ive had enough and need a break.

Jancianna

Jancianna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only when I start to lose very badly i think :\

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I get bored of poker when I dont do it right . \
I mean when I have to read and study some rules/strategy and I don't do it , I postpone it , and i prefer go play again poker , with the same style/tips/strategy doing the same mistakes then I get very very bored and disapointed .
\I really have to work this thing :) right here right now .

I also get bored when I play by the rules and although my instict tells me I should play a hand , I don't and sb else wins , ok then I am bored-tilted , ready to let the game and leave , that's why lately I use it as a rule , better lose even if I play bad than play passively .

Other times, I am bored when I play by the rules on some micro tournaments , sngs, or freerolls , my instict says I sould play a lot more loose like the other donks , I don't and I end my hand losing to a donk's one .

I get bored when I play many hours with no result/success/FT --In the past I used to have more patience .

Sometimes I get bored because .... because .... because I 'm human and it's normal sometimes to feel emotionally down with no reason:eek:

But , because I love this game I try to overcome the bad moments , the '' BORING '' moments and go on :cool:

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only when I am on a losing streak which seems quite often of late

T

takezo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes get tired or flustrated, but not bored.

G

galojmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no never I love to play poker its really very entertaining game for me
when I play cash game of low stake than sometimes I get bored.

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At some freerolls online im getting at some stages kind of bored. Its not good to get bored, most of the situations bring alos impatiance and taking wrong choices.
At real tables its different, cause most of the times goes a fresh talk around the table. Its not easy to get bored. :D

andyt5303

andyt5303

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't say i get bored but from time to time I do sometimes need a break from it, helps keep the brain fresh!

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was once, maybe. I was playing 10-12 tables, and wanted to sleep too much, and i realy bored, and went to the bed.

T

te7ris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep:
* getiting bored
* play more hands
* get in bad situations
* loose stack

sigh..

bizarez

bizarez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I bored when in last year in summer I had two months i lost 99% of all ins I still somehow kept my bankroll and actually expanded it by a few dollars. I had to actually learn how not to all in under any circumstances.

T

TheWiseWeasel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! :D If i play to many hours in one day i get bored for sure,even if i have a good day at the table.Ussually low stakes tournament get me bored.(they take to long and you don't get so much money in my opinion)

JopyJoost

JopyJoost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting A New Lifestyle Change

I have noticed over the years I have played On Line Poker I was not getting healthier and finally decided to make a lifestyle change. I have removed 3 poker websites from my computer to free up time to exercise as this will be part of my life style changes. I am right now 250 pounds which made me realize it is time to loose weight. I have enrolled in the bariatric clinic program at our local hospital. They monitor your progress in the program. It starts with providing you with information that will help you stay focused throughout the main 18 week program. The first 12 weeks starts with 4 "milkshakes" per day with no real food and the last 6 weeks will be to introduce you back to the proper foods and portions you will use in your new lifestyle choice. I will be going to weekly meetings for support and keeping you focused on the changes taking place. The "milkshakes" have all the nutrients and vitamins necessary for you to safely loose the weight required through the 18 weeks. They than monitor you for the next 2 years with monthly meetings. There is a doctor, nurse, dietician and social worker assigned for this program. I was always a recreational player not really winning much so it made sense to do this. That's it. I am not sure if I will continue cardschat but stay tuned.:D

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it is difficult to say what will happen in the future!!! I'm not a psychic )))))

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I getting fed up.Every morning They get up perhaps today,It lies and then tomorrow

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
boredom is just a lack of imagination

K

KGetsPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy poker. if i ever get bored or burnt out, I usually just take a couple weeks off then i'm back at it.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you do not win any hand regardless of the probability. when you lose with pairs aces and the king's each time ... i really get bored of poker.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Sometimes when I'm in a downswing.

B

BAGELBEAR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get bored altho if it's late in the evening and the players are taking all of their time clocks to make their play I find myself dozing off. Guess I should set a time that I don't play anymore poker and just go to bed :rolleyes:

Debby