Do you win consistently?

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning? No. Cashing? Yes. In the neighborhood of 20 to 25% of tourneys entered.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unfortunately, I can not say about myself that I'm a stable player !!! Last year I played mtt on micro-limits and ended the year in plus. but this year I started just awful !!!

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In mtt i am losing a lot and in cash game i am earning more than losing,i still have a lot to learn in poker i am a simple trainee in development.

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always differently it turns out :)
All, of course, want to believe in the best

I

Igor An

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose. Recently I brought dipozity and lost everything, went back to the freerolls

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always try to play in order not to lose my money. I play where it is more comfortable to play. I do not go to cash.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment I am not having much time to play, and consequently my game got a bit caught, and getting in the red.

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am wondering how many people on here win consistently?

Do you make more money than you lose?

I play about 3 years and during that time I was in a small minus. Only recently I started to go into plus and little by little to earn poker. Everyone needs their own amount of time to go into profit! It depends on your diligence and your belief in success!:)

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm probably one of the millions of players who think theyvare really good but in reality I'm a losing player.

I dont sweat it though, i think winning is something that eventually comes if you keep at it.

I knew someone who spoke French once. He seemed to speak it great for years after learning at school. Then one year he moved to france, after 6 months he had a "euraka" moment - where all of the sudden he went from knowing the words to the language actually making sense and he became entirely fluent- he understood the grammar, the humour, the adages, etc. Maybe something similar happens in poker when you play enough and constantly learn.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play several days a week and win more than I lose.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I only play like a lucrative hobbie, I dont... Because I dont have volume of game enough... But the cash comes haha

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only played 372 games and went from $0 to ~$70 as of now.

This is from Jan. 30th of this year so a little over 2 months.

Its not much but is consistant.

If I am still doing this well after 1000 games I will be very happy.

When you say winning do you mean cashing? or winning 1st place?

Of my games I have only a few 1st place finishes. I think 4 or 5 in MTTs and 2 or 3 in STT. I don't play many STTs right now maybe 10 total so far.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not say that I spend more than I will win, because I have not made a deposit yet. I play for money that I win in freerolls or with tickets. Although once I spent all the money won (but there were not many of them).

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is impossible to lose money if you play only freerolls :)

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker for over two years and I can't say that I'm in the black despite the fact that I almost always play only freerolls

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its profitable. I can play an average of about 3 hours a day, and make about $100 a month playing mostly SnGs and MTTs. now I never play for more then $5 online, or $100 live. With that said, I could be up $200 during the week, and lose $100 live. or hit for $500 one month, and blank for the next 2....

I would suggest really learning the game you want to be good at. Without saying "you can know everything" there will come a point when you realize there isn't much more you can learn. When that happens, it comes down to how you handle variance, and the evolution of the game.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have won more money than lost thats for 100% sure. I do not know the exact numbers though as majority of Poker I play is Live.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Altough I am only a recreational player, I am playing in a plus. Not huge amounts, because I am mainly freerolling or playing at the micros. I play few games during the week and some more at the weekends, if the time allows it. It is a nice additional money, that I mostly reinvest for games, but also cash out some for the personal fun. But at all, I have a very conservative bankroll management.

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I do not

No, I do not win constantly. I do however have a good bankroll management system. I win enough to keep playing. I have only ever deposited on one site. I have money on 8 different sites though. I go through my ups and downs, but like I said I have money in 8 sites, and have only deposited at one site.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you speak about online i definitely won more than i have invested as i play only freerolls and never made a deposit. I also managed to get to the money just once and it was for a league tournament so i won just 1 cent but it still more than zero. :D

From cash games with friends i am definitely on a loss but there we play more to see each other and have couple of drinks than to play seriously.

I am trying to read materials about poker and improve my game but unfortunately time is not enough so i usually manage to play just 1 or 2 games in the evening when i get back from work during business days and also not every day i have this opportunity. During weekends i usually have other things to do so i can not play much more than during the other days. Anyway for me poker is hobby for now and i don't invest money in it so i hope that slowly i will improve in future. :)