Do you trust public WiFi to play poker?

Frank Burnette

Frank Burnette

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I'm leery about trusting public WiFi to play poker. It seems like a lot of people try to steal passwords, and it's easier to do on public WiFi.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not expert or amateur but I think in public place is very scary to me!:(

P

playn4fun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I worry about these kinds of things myself :( especially when money is involved take no chances lol

R

Retina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you know that if you use the public network for access to the world wide web, then your data is not protected, as they are not encrypted and as would be theoretically available to third parties. But in practice things are a little different. A regular user, in our case, Wi-Fi access point will not be able to receive the information transmitted from your device to the network and receive information from the network without knowing the principle of the device data in the network. But, versed in all the intricacies of the "topology" of the network layout can intercept your results, particularly Your username and password. Therefore, there are various software solutions which can to protect your data, but normal users as it inaccessible top. So you don't have to worry about your account, when you use the "free" Internet.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you know that if you use the public network for access to the world wide web, then your data is not protected, as they are not encrypted and as would be theoretically available to third parties. But in practice things are a little different. A regular user, in our case, Wi-Fi access point will not be able to receive the information transmitted from your device to the network and receive information from the network without knowing the principle of the device data in the network. But, versed in all the intricacies of the "topology" of the network layout can intercept your results, particularly Your username and password. Therefore, there are various software solutions which can to protect your data, but normal users as it inaccessible top. So you don't have to worry about your account, when you use the "free" Internet.

Respectfully, you are just "wrong" when you say people shouldn't worry when they use free internet. There are all kinds of vulnerabilities a person can open themselves up to depending on what they are doing.

akyurukov

akyurukov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well,you want to play poker when you are relaxed,concentrated and pay attention to the game without being distracted.
Public Wi-Fi is in places when you often go to see friends or just drink something and around you is not very comfortable,you are not in your comfort zone you will be distracted by side things and people,so despite the security i will never play in public places where there is wi-fi.

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am no friend of public WiFi. I think it's very insecure. They can get your data informations very easily. If I play in public places I use 3G ;)

D

DriftwoodKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't trust my information in any WiFi area. Tried one time in Reno Hotel,
no one was in the area. When I opened up my laptop, 2 guys moved close to me and pull out cell phones. I closed up and left the area, and watched them get up and walked out a different direction. Did not feel safe at all.

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
hell no are you crazy that's the best way hackers can find pw and drain account DONT DO IT