Do you spar new techniques or strategies knowing defeat?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I have a mind full of whatever, memories, and one of those memories was a great boxer (I wont say) have his sparing partner whip up on him to define his tactics. Do you do the same in poker?:) Alter account?, go in knowing to be defeated to focus on tightening up you're A game?

Stories :)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
changing the account will not give anything if there is nothing in the head and do not draw conclusions from your game and action[emoji854][emoji854][emoji854][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
. Do you do the same in poker?:) Alter account?, go in knowing to be defeated to focus on tightening up you're A game?

Stories :)

Alternate Account, probably not the best idea I have heard of to try out things but a different poker site maybe a good alternative.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Allocate funds for a session and try out the new strategy. Easier to measure results and has the added benefit of changing your table image.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If been experimenting with strategies in the last few freerolls so losing lol but have placed at FT 4 times on BetOnline out of the last 5 tournaments, made $700 bones and invested $25 I Did lose another $100 but that’s another story. This book is amazing, did an overview - not a review lol just an overview. He plays very conservative but will get you to the FT..at least for me it did 4 out of 5 times lol

Next up is to study Amir Vahedi which plays the exact opposite style (super loose).
https://upswingpoker.com/amir-vahedi-bluffing/

There is no style that is superior (loose or conservative)- it’s creating a toolbox of the most effective from both styles. Also reading johnathan little’s bluffs book (just started) which illustrates 28 bluffs that are proven to be very effective. Opening ranges when you would be otherwise uncomfortable to play.

Will keep posted :)

Last edited:
Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Yes, I believe that I effectively learn from my mistakes and make appropriate adjustments to my game. In this way I effectively improve my game skills and gain valuable experience.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 13
danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
That is a good question. I do come up with new strategies for my play from time to time. I wish I could get better. I need to.
Dan'O

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in my opinion, changing your account will do nothing, it would be better to play on other platforms.