I don't smoke or drink energy drinks, and I advise you to do the same. 👍

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only during the break. It's a bad habit, I can't get rid of it.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
When is tournament break I take that opportunity to light one and stretch my legs. But im high nicotine adict so I use my viper when i play. :D

T

topi2k22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I'm a smoker, unfortunately, but I only smoke in the 5 minutes breaks of the tournaments.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes, I'm also a smoker and if I spend an hour playing I have to smoke or eat something so I don't get bored doing something stupid in my game. If I'm watching a movie I don't smoke until it's over.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How does this affect your concentration?
It probably all depends on the mental state of the player. But in general, of course, each of us can convince himself of anything, for example, that smoking helps and improves our concentration. But in fact this is absolute nonsense. It is better to convince yourself, for example, that eating ice cream while playing poker increases our luck :)

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I like to smoke while playing poker, that relaxes me.

poweROFLuck

poweROFLuck

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I dislike the smell of it so no thanks :D

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Smoking is bad for your health. I don't smoke. I recommend everyone to quit smoking and play poker.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't smoked during the game and now I haven't smoked for 2 years (y)

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the 5-minute break in poker was specifically designed for smokers, it's just enough time to "get some fresh air."

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How does this affect your concentration?
I have been smoking for many years, about 25 years. A terrible habit, but at the moment it is difficult for me to imagine my life without a cigarette. I understand that I need to quit, but nevertheless, I continue to smoke day after day. Does smoking affect concentration?
In my case, yes, because if I want to smoke, I become nervous, impatient and angry.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Never i drink some alcool but never smoke whatever it is

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Smoking can potentially affect a poker player's performance in several ways:

1. Physical Health: Smoking has well-known detrimental effects on physical health, including decreased lung capacity, cardiovascular issues, and an increased risk of various diseases. These health issues can impact a player's overall well-being and potentially limit their endurance and stamina during long poker sessions.
  2. Mental Focus: Nicotine, the addictive substance found in cigarettes, acts as a stimulant that can initially enhance alertness and cognitive function. Some players may believe that smoking helps them stay focused or relieves stress. However, the effects are temporary, and prolonged smoking can lead to decreased cognitive function and impaired mental clarity. This can negatively impact decision-making abilities and overall performance at the poker table.
  3. Concentration and Distractions: Stepping away from the poker table for smoke breaks can disrupt a player's focus and concentration. Frequent interruptions and distractions can make it harder to stay in the zone and maintain a consistent level of performance.
  4. Social Dynamics: Smoking may lead to social dynamics that can impact a player's game. In live poker settings, players often gather outside during breaks, forming social connections and engaging in conversations. While this can have some benefits, it can also lead to distractions and potential information sharing that might influence the game.
It's important to note that the impact of smoking on poker players can vary from person to person. Some individuals may be more tolerant of the effects, while others may experience more significant impairments. Quitting smoking or reducing smoking habits can lead to various health benefits and potentially improve overall poker performance.

Ultimately, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, which includes avoiding smoking, staying physically active, getting enough rest, and making mindful choices regarding nutrition and hydration, can positively contribute to a player's performance at the poker table.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smoking can potentially affect a poker player's performance in several ways:

1. Physical Health: Smoking has well-known detrimental effects on physical health, including decreased lung capacity, cardiovascular issues, and an increased risk of various diseases. These health issues can impact a player's overall well-being and potentially limit their endurance and stamina during long poker sessions.
  2. Mental Focus: Nicotine, the addictive substance found in cigarettes, acts as a stimulant that can initially enhance alertness and cognitive function. Some players may believe that smoking helps them stay focused or relieves stress. However, the effects are temporary, and prolonged smoking can lead to decreased cognitive function and impaired mental clarity. This can negatively impact decision-making abilities and overall performance at the poker table.
  3. Concentration and Distractions: Stepping away from the poker table for smoke breaks can disrupt a player's focus and concentration. Frequent interruptions and distractions can make it harder to stay in the zone and maintain a consistent level of performance.
  4. Social Dynamics: Smoking may lead to social dynamics that can impact a player's game. In live poker settings, players often gather outside during breaks, forming social connections and engaging in conversations. While this can have some benefits, it can also lead to distractions and potential information sharing that might influence the game.
It's important to note that the impact of smoking on poker players can vary from person to person. Some individuals may be more tolerant of the effects, while others may experience more significant impairments. Quitting smoking or reducing smoking habits can lead to various health benefits and potentially improve overall poker performance.

Ultimately, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, which includes avoiding smoking, staying physically active, getting enough rest, and making mindful choices regarding nutrition and hydration, can positively contribute to a player's performance at the poker table.
Interesting perspective!

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I smoke during my poker break

N

NathanVanRiper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
First off, I never play poker for money. It is overrated. You need top notch skills and plenty of knowledge when it comes to what is what with the game. I like to only play video game tournament poker to get my skills up. I am almost ready to start playing tournament poker for real and am only planning on playing live poker, internet poker is a complete rip off. Anyways, when i play video game tournament poker, i do indeed smoke in between every tournament. And no I dont smoke the drugs when i play. It makes you stupid and just plain unlucky.