Do You Show After Bluffing?

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to show my cards when I was bluffing or it was a good winning combination, now I ceased showing my cards so that the players did not know that I could bluff!

Alex Kim27

Alex Kim27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey. I do not show my hand after bluffing. I do not want to give my opponents additional information about myself. otherwise it will be easier for them to read my hand later on

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I show my hand, but only when I see that the player against whom I play often goes on every card, the probability is more likely that after you have a good hand you can pick up the scent of the chips, I think ... when you show a bluff

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never! I hope no one will not know that it was bluffing.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show. I may have a pair of AA or have bluffed but I do not show my hand.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm playing with a very talkative villain I'll try to confuse him.

subaru16162

subaru16162

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Douglas someone who is very talkative, its nice to try throw them off!

J

JeroenH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never show your hand, unless you are playing in a home game with friends.

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes show when I have the best hand but never for a bluff but then I never bluff anyway.

I am taking notes on everyone in this thread so hope you are not bluffing:D

M

microse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only time I show after bluffing is if they called my bluff. There is always something an opponent can learn by seeing your cards, which is why showdown is so important to observe. Don’t give someone a look for free.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Show your card after the bluff won is stupid! the only option when you can show your cards is to show that you dropped a strong hand against the all-in opponent

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it's a bad idea to show your bluff. Although it all depends on the situation.

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely show ever, but I might if i have a very good hand but figure i'm beaten by a monster. That way, I'm keeping my opponent on his toes and may prevent bully raises! Just my opinion of course.

D

dpoole71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I wouldn't unless you want to make a player tilt and use it to your advantage other than that no gives to much information

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can do it only if you want your opponent to know that you have bluffed him so he can catch you in a hand where you have the nuts. If you know that your opponent is a little impatient or would easily tilt, it can help you eliminate it later. Except for these exceptions, it is advisable not to show your cards

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I think I can put a guy on tilt by showing that I bluffed him, I will. Otherwise no.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very rarely show their cards, unless it's a super card straight flush or royal, went to showdown, in other cases do not show card in general, I think it's stupid and not cultural, because in the future such mooves are remembered and hung the label of Donk. Do not recommend doing so to anyone, because after these mooves opponents will catch up, the logic is clear, such moves are used to stir up the opponent (s) and then if the opponent leads nit style of play is the only benefit.

N

Napkins420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show online, but sometimes live I will show a big bluff if it's the start of a session or I know it will put the other player on tilt

pedro2125

pedro2125

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I think that it is not better for the players to remain with the doubt why then you would be leaving in evidence your way of playing , you have to remember that poker pays you dearly when you try to mock an opponent, so clearly my answer is no

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards. I think it's a technique that might be useful at the really high levels of play for players that really know what they're doing.

However, at the low stakes I always like to see others show their cards since it helps me to better understand how they play, and of course how to play them to win.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like showing after bluffing but in my opinion its not the smartest thing to do, you should always keep your opponent guessing and with that additional information they can make harder lay downs easier in the future

aurafm

aurafm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards, in some situations I even find it to be a rude thing to do.
And I also thinks its not nice to ask the person about her hand if it was a good or a bad one.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I show when I'm playing with my friends or something but never in a serious game , I don't want to give free informations about my plays

W

wildjoker68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know people tend to get tilted after seeing a bluff, That usually makes a lot of people tilt. sometimes people who are not even playing that hand, because they think they may have just been bluffed a few hands ago by that person. I just say to myself, That was a good play. I was just out played. I even laugh sometimes and call them a turd monkey lol...I don't like to bluff, I will once in a blue moon, not very often though. I just fold a lot and play choice hands. playing tight will usually get you to payouts and often land you on or close to the final table. I do agree with you in that it is in bad taste to show a bluff. but I really do understand it. Peace and good luck, Happy Bank rolling as well"

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you show your cards you give information of your game to the villain that's why always muck the cards