Do you remember the first time?

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first time was with friends and I also got caught around 15 years ago or more I remember that I had that luck as a beginner and I only knew that it was the pairs and I won with colorful stairs and I did not know because I won several times then I investigated everything day and write it down on a piece of paper and you're done:lollypop:

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i started to play poker baout 10 years ago. my 1st win wa 1st place in 10k freeroll/ I won near 25 dollars)

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite a number of years ago. I was flipping through channels and came across a televised poker tournament where they had cameras set to pick up players hole cards!?!?!?!
What was this???
I was never much of a card player of any kind of game, but watching this it struck me within minutes that something else was going on besides playing the cards in front of them.
I was hooked. I had seen that dumb luck was a factor, but not the only factor. The more I watched the more I saw the same people end up on final tables. Dumb luck should have random winners, right? This is a skill game with random chance thrown in.
Then I found out that one could play online...
Like everyone else I'm on a steep, life long learning curve to increase my skill in order to overcome luck.

G

GangBlader

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
oh I was funny,couldn't tell if I had a set even after the showdown xD
bluff shoves all the way through, so much fun haha

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Yes, of course I remember my first time.
Four years ago, it was a freeroll on pokerstars.
Now this is my favorite hobby.

G

gerrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first time was 10 years ago in the Everest Poker freeroll tournaments, the old Shasta.

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember my first time in the back of my mustang. Oh wait nevermind yes I remember my first time playing poker. It was with some family members. I didn't really like it at first but when I decided to make an account on Pokerstars long ago this is where I got hooked. People often say they did well in their first tournament or something and they were hooked. I don't think I did well at all starting out. I think that in itself drove me because I always wanted to better so I just kept playing and have been playing ever since!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started playing poker about seven years ago.
My friend always recommended me to try.
After I have tried playing poker, I play until today.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Yes, I remember. It was 5 months ago.
My first deposit was $ 50. Since then, I am playing much better.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first time playing was on pokerstars a few months before Black Friday, but I watched wsop a lot in the early 2000s. When I got back into poker more recently, 7 card stud was one of the games I was looking to play. It's such a fun variant.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great question, and wonderful memory. My first date with my late hubby. After a wonderful night on the town, he came back to my place, and downloaded Pokerstars. I had never even held a deck of cards at the time. Growning up in the bible belt and all.

Feb 24, 2007. I watched him play a MTT and he took forst for 7k. I was hooked. I played play money for a year, and then my first $1SNG I won, and that was so exciting. I never been to Vegas until i met him. I was so in awe, that we eventually moved there. Anyway, great memories. thanks for that!

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
The first time I became interested in poker was in 2008 . My daughter watched a poker tournament . I became interested and I decided to try myself in the game . Since then and play . When successful, when not . Anything can happen .