Do you prefer AK or AA?

T

turnupthebb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
Actually most people lose more money with AA then AKs because with AKs you win a lot of moeny from fold equity. But with AA everyone try to trap and stuff and then they end up getting sucked out and stuff.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It's like asking if you want to gift me 10€ or 5€.

Why in the world would anyone opt for the 5€? 😄

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course I'll win AA because this is the strongest starting hand and why choose different cards when you can choose a strong hand if you could choose your own hands in poker, I think every player would choose only AA and win so it's better for a friend to choose this hand than AK

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If QJT is on the flop, AK is better.:)

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Definietly AA is a better hand but AK is a great hand a you can with it a lot.personally any connector starting with J is worth consider to play.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I prefer AA although I also love AKs

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Obviously AA is the best hand. But AKs is the second best hand in mu opnion, so i prefer AA but in any other case i choose AKs always.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
look friend %%% who wins more of course I will choose the best

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my experience, I definitely prefer to hold two aces (AA) rather than ace-king (AK) when starting a poker hand. Although both are powerful combinations, there are a few key reasons why I lean towards Aces.

Starting Strength: AA is the strongest starting hand in Texas Hold'em. Having two aces in your hand significantly increases your chances of winning the hand pre-flop, as your opponent is unlikely to have a better hand pre-flop.
Greater Consistency: Over time, AA tends to maintain its strength, regardless of the situation. On the other hand, AK can be vulnerable if you don't hit the flop, since you are betting on improving with the community cards.
Ease of Play: AA is easier to play post-flop compared to AK. When you have aces, you generally know where you stand in your hand and can make more informed decisions.
Although AK is a strong hand and can lead you to big wins, AA's consistency and undeniable strength are deciding factors for me. Of course, in poker, there is always room to adapt to circumstances, but generally speaking, I feel more comfortable and confident when I see two aces in my starting hand.

dangtnh

dangtnh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
The hands AK and AA are both strong starting hands, but they serve different purposes and are played differently.

Pocket Aces (AA) is the best starting hand in Texas Hold'em and is considered extremely strong. It's generally played aggressively to build the pot and isolate opponents. The goal is often to get as much money into the pot as possible when holding Aces.

Ace-King (AK), on the other hand, is also a powerful starting hand, often referred to as "big slick." It can be played aggressively pre-flop, but post-flop decisions depend on the community cards. AK has the potential to make strong top pair, two pair, or even a straight, but it's not as strong as Pocket Aces pre-flop.

Ultimately, the strategy for playing these hands depends on factors such as your position at the table, the betting action, and your opponents' playing styles. Each hand requires a different approach, and skilled players consider various factors to make the best decisions.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
AA any day of the week, its literally the better hand

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the any cards, but which win! That's all!

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think I will take the AA if given the choice every time. Think about it in equity you will always have more equity with AA pre flop.

On the flop this could be different be presuming you mean pre flop.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Of course Aces, The best starting hand.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's not doubt about that, AA of course.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no doubt that AA is the best hand

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What question is that? I think 100% of us who play poker always want AA in every hand.