do you play when "bored'?

Spiffhalibut

Spiffhalibut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can understand playing with " play " money when bored, however, to me anyway, that makes it a "practice" session, and ultimately you play like you practice.

L

Lizmay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree play money is practice playing. I thought I was playing a bot on a practice table last weekend. Turned out the site was giving away free chips! Lol that killed my boredom!

P

pocketacesa1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play when bored usually on weekends, but I still play well aside from an occasional cooler.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I am bored I don't concentrate. So I don't play when I am bored, not even for fun. Play for money when you can concentrate and keep ur mind on the game.

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never get bored :)

Don't play with a headache though, it will just make the headache worse :)

M

Magneto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you really should not play if you are tired or bored because of the concentration. and not drunk

but there are also players that are very good drunk

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Marsd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that playing if your bored may not be optimal for a winning strategy, but for some people I can see them playing a tourney or sitting at a table for a bit for some quick entertainment--

I dont see anything wrong with a little entertainment now and again :)

J

Jeschant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason I started playing again was boredom. It's more mentally stimulating than video games and not as mentally taxing as back to back chess games against decent players. Of course when I get some fool stalling early in a tournament this means I'm a very unpleasant person at the table. I'm there to have fun and someone is ruining my fun (and my chance to cash later, which is after all the point, even if I am playing for fun). I get really mouthy in ways decent players really dislike. Talking about tools like HUDs and such. I tilted half a table last night before busting out on tilt myself. I wish I had disposable income and that Full Tilt allowed US players, I miss Rush poker even though I was definitely not a winning player!

RajDev1979

RajDev1979

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
when bored never play cash games, if tourney going on i do allin in n shut down