Do you play poker against people or with the cards in your hand?

lalinha

lalinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
In the movie Deal with Burt Reynolds, it is about an ex-player who teaches a few things about the card game to a talented college student, the main focus is that he teaches that in poker he plays against people and not with cards in your hand. What do you think?

I think it makes a lot of sense, we bluff by reacting according to the other opponent's plays, for example.

Attachments

• MV5BMzY3OTk5NDQxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDg4NjYzNA@@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMzY3OTk5NDQxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDg4NjYzNA@@._V1_.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 2
German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, in Live game necessary more play against the people, but in Online game,
by my opinion, need more often to play against the cards in the hands of opponents...

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Personally, I primarily play according to the cards in my hands and how I feel about them in this particular hand. And already in the second turn against a certain player, whose game I was able to determine by that moment. Therefore, in a situation where I fold to an opponent’s bluff and he reveals that he was bluffing with shit, in fact, this is exactly the thought that arises: “I rely on myself and my cards, and not be fooled by someone else’s provocations.”

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I believe that one does not exclude the other. Just paying attention to the cards is not enough because you don't play alone, so it's also important to watch the people who play along.

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
At the start of a game you have to play the cards in your hand. As the game progresses and you get a read on the players you can add in the people factor. If you play against the same regulars the people factor increases but the cards in hand is always more important, you can only bluff so many times.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has been said that poker is not a card game played with people, but a game of people played with cards.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got be able to mix it up. Tight table, might get away with a bluff. Take what the table will give you.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands