Do you play better with smaller bankroll?

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Control of bankroll is a way of not putting your money at risk, many players go up the level without having the right conditions, and this leads only to a path, defeat!
I usually say that we should be in a comfortable line so that we can do our best, I believe that with pressure nobody can to win, only go lose.

A

amine duc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes i do... that is true

Scottk87

Scottk87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely do not play better with a small bankroll. Things just don"t seem to work out, thats probably because they say scared money is lost money.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're serious about building up your roll, you need to be disciplined enough to play within it. The larger your roll, the easier it'll be to withstand variance. I've learned this lesson the hard way by busting my roll several times after trying to build it up fast playing higher stakes than I should have. Not an experience I'd like to repeat again.

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t think so ;) It depends how I feel. Usually I play lowstakes. :) So I can chill!

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a small deposit (bankroll) is not so pitiful as big, so trying to come to the goal faster we start making unjustified all-in and lose.
to win the minimum amount for the withdrawal you need unnecessarily a lot of time and effort.
a large deposit (say a monthly income, but not less than $ 1000) is sensible and frivolously not lost.
with a large deposit you need much less time and energy to win an amount that can be withdrawn. the probability of tilt is reduced to a minimum.
The main conclusion: do not play in microlits. save money and play at least at average rates.

L

Luccasdsp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, with a low bankroll play tournaments with low limits. This is a rule for me. With that I can play a greater number of tournaments and consequently a reasonable profit over time. And with a larger bankroll is like the friend said up there, "the more money you have more you spend", of course there is exceptions, but for me it works very well.

T

thackro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A small bankroll can lead some people into playing "scared? and "scared" money is lost money. Maybe it's just me but it does not suit my game to play a cash game without knowing I can afford back-up and not fold just because of the size of my bankroll.

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do try to play safe when the bankroll is small and in most cases it applies to lot of players. It takes one hand to loose. so irrespective of the bankroll playing safe will be the best bet. sometimes it helps you to take risks too. either way good luck.

B

Blakepc91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The smart thing to do is never put yourself in a spot where at the stakes you are playing losing the money affects you. You should just play your game and if you are a winning player the money will come in over time.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play better when i have luck... but ok i play micro just because my money is low to spend.

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably play about the same regardless of bankroll or buy in for a tournament with the preference of keeping it small. However I feel more comfortable playing with micro or free roll tournaments regardless of bank roll especially since I never had a large bank roll to begin with.

G

grupus21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a bankroll but I still have a chance to get it

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management