do you play ABC / Textbook Poker or do you have your own style ?

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
me for example i am pretty loose and will play many hands and will also call in spots where "you shouldnt" especially out of position . i developed my own style and am pretty happy with it

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
me for example i am pretty loose and will play many hands and will also call in spots where "you shouldnt" especially out of position . i developed my own style and am pretty happy with it
When I first started playing poker, I strictly followed the instructions in Dan Harrington's book on tournament poker. Over time, based on my experience, the limits played, the known information about the players, I began to adapt my playing style to the above factors.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Depends, I like to mix both style according to my stack and if I´m playing tourney or ring.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
My opinion is that each of us should develop a certain style of play:)

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you play by the book everyone knows your plays! At least the ones that read the book!

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If I have my own style, then I wish to eradicate it. I strive to play in the 'cleanest', most accurate way possible.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

There is no formula to play poker, there are rules, so that you, in the long run, will be profitable. Now if you don't follow these rules and you have a looser style of play and manage to be profitable, then continue with your style and be happy.:)

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If I spot ABC players I label them fish, easy to read.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have to be able to mix it up. Nothing wrong with a game plan, as long as there is a backup.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There is nothing wrong with ABC poker but it is important to adapt your style to certain situations and players.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess all players travel through phases....between tight and loose...

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think I also have my own style. My style is based on the fact that I just don't play with junk, and I always try to stay patient. :)

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, everbody has its own style, even if you play abc as i see it

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I play textbook poker combined with my own (several) style(s) aswell as (NOT) following poker ABC so yeah.