Do you make note of your Opponents?

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If possible, I always take notes on the players, or at least mark them in a certain color, it helps a lot when playing with marked players again, you won't remember everyone, and the notes will always remind you. It is only important to make the right notes and not on emotions, otherwise they will only harm.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't make a detailed note, but I note some things like: this guy bluffs a lot, that guy only bets when he has cards....

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To much work to take notes let alone look up some player. I play poker for fun, not necessarily to make money. I don't need a job. I takes the fun out of it. I dosen't take long to figure out how your opponent plays.

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I make notes only when the player pisses me off hehehehe

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When playing in a tournament, this is not as important as when playing cash. When I play certain types of poker and at certain limits, I always remember the style of the players.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I often take notes, and sometimes they are very helpful in making the right decision. Notes are an effective mechanism for consistent players.

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
The most important part of the game is to quickly recognize your opponents or you're not a man at the table

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Do you pay attention to the people you're playing against? Like if you've played against them before do you notice that you're playing against them again or does it not make a difference to you?
I always make notes on dangerous players, bluffers and chip givers...it's a good way to get some advantage on your opponent.

Majaloja

Majaloja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Since I play several tables at the same time, I don't pay much attention to the notes.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

Yes and i put a label on every one
Rgds

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Yes, I take notes, especially about opponents - members of our community with whom we regularly see each other at tables. Notes are a good source of valuable information.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. Tag then into different colours.
My notes are more generalized. For example Slow plays premium hands pre flop, Folds a lot to 3 bet/4 bet, 3 bets linear QQ+, AK.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Yes, I take notes and I believe that such information can sometimes bring a lot of money.
Good luck.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, sometimes I mark strong players, as well as frankly weak ones.

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
Yes.888 poker gave to us one option.make a animal face (fish,donky,shark,lion etc) our opponent.it's really easy make a note

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes i do but most players i tagged as fish, should do better notes lol

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Yes. I usually make notes of them. This way if I "meet" them again in a different game I know what to expect from them.

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I didn't usually write down my opponents, but as the players repeated themselves a lot at the tables I played at, I started to take notes, and this helped me a lot, as it was possible to notice patterns when observing the notes I made about these players, as it seems involuntarily they always made the same move depending on the cards in their hands.

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This only makes sense when the group of players is limited.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My notes are so different and useless for the game because the notes are real names, where someone lives, I will note if they like my sports teams, if I played on a CC league team with them, if they are a ham, very few actual poker notes. I don't think players always play the same so I don't really think notes help for that.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My notes are so different and useless for the game because the notes are real names, where someone lives, I will note if they like my sports teams, if I played on a CC league team with them, if they are a ham, very few actual poker notes. I don't think players always play the same so I don't really think notes help for that.
I make notes on if they take a night time gummie and if they play better with fresh red lipstick!

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always take notes especially on the faker ones.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes! I use colored labels for generalized notes, for specific notes I used to take very long notes that I realized were not really useful in the game (which should be the point).

Now, I make my notes succinct and not just based on a single “mistake”, since almost anything can be the reason for a single action. I also don't notice things that statistics tell me easily, such as a player having a high fold to steal%. I like things like “solid shove/fold ranges” that I wouldn't like when I see a reg regularly calling me with the correct range bottom (which tends to indicate that he knows his ranges very well) or a note like “plays end of the rebuy period like a maniac”, which indicates aspects of his game not fully identifiable by his statistics.
Colors help a lot when it comes to classify those we consider good players and those who make the most mistakes. I wear yellow on the faint ones in the ER