Do you listen to music while you play?

blackplanet

blackplanet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music can be a distraction to me I prefer to play in silence and stay focused. If for some reason I need a break during a long tournament i might listen to a song or two just to relax but never while playing.

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love to listen guitar romantic instrumentals, it is so calm and muse

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you know that headphones are not allowed when you make the money at wsop?

AlyLauren

AlyLauren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I don't listen to music when I play, since I wanna focus on the game itself, but of course every players have different preferences.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like using headphones, and even use certain music to influence my goal, something fast and upbeat to get started mixing it up to build a stack, than deeper the run I like to go with classical where I need to be calm and think about my decisions.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing poker and listening to music years 80
romantics, guitar solos Axel Rudy Pell

S

saintjay84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Music at the table...

Hey Grinders,

I been doing this for a long time, and I have found that having a headset on or flooding myself with music isn't always the best option.

when i first get to a table I really want to pay attention to what players are doing and how the table is playing.

HOWEVER!

8-10 hours in, music is a game changer, it keeps me fresh and aware without much effort, I think its a massive advantage when it comes to the wee hours of the morning and the other players are starting to fade.

Till next time, KEEP IT GRINDING

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to listen music while i play poker,but i avoid some directions in music on table.

J

jmcurley

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like listening to music when I play live. I prefer to talk to people at the table. Usually a few people will engage in conversation and it makes for a more sociable atmosphere, which is what I prefer.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
music may cause more emotion in people, which is probably not what you want at the poker table

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't listen to music at all. If you listen to happy music you play too aggressive. If I listen to relaxing music we play too pasive.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually restrict myself to classical music while playing poker, as otherwise I end up singing along to popular songs and not concentrating on the poker. However, today, just by chance of fate, I am listening to David Bowie. It does affect my concentration a little bit but I can't really tell you what songs have been playing so maybe my main focus is on poker.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im always listening it,i feel better with some good music in my head.

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I listen sometimes music during playing , but I think when I playing with music I can make big mistakes.

J

Jnuttall26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not. I like it quite. Music will sometimes throw me off my game, if I am listening to a good song I start to sing lol

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes with and without music, focus is always priority.

SnGLearn

SnGLearn

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend listening before the session. Music makes me feel better.
Listening to music puts me in an optimum mood (zone).
When I feel tired during the session, a good idea is to listen to music,
because it reduces fatigue.
Supporter listening to music when playing poker is a WSOP bracelet winner Bryan Piccioli.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Music is a two edged sword

The right music is relaxing and calms the nerves enabling decisions based on intellect not panic. The wrong music is distracting and screws with your head. I would rather play multiple tournaments at the same time to maintain focus.

ResAtDorsia

ResAtDorsia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to metal when i am running good because it pumps me up but as soon as i get a bad beat and get even remotely tilted i turn it off or switch it to something more peaceful.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch Pawn Stars and think about my next trip to Vegas!

E

EG7497

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to a lot of chill stuff when I'm playing, can be calming and motivating at the same time.