Do you listen to music while playing poker?

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Classical music tv channel is always on while playing

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If yes, relaxing music, or music, you're listening to in your free time?

PS: don't blame me if this question gets asked a lot, I didn't read the whole forum (yet) ^^

I like to play quietly so I can hear what the villains are plotting against me.:D

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
listening music all the time and it's mostly electro swing tunes from youtube

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I listen to music

I listen to music
yes I love listening to music while playing at low volume

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I used to all the time and just recently started doing it again, don't know why I stopped because I really enjoy it and I think I play better while doing so :)

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Until recently, I never listened to music while playing, I tried to concentrate on the game, but now it turns out that I play poker to relax. So sometimes I turn on the music

M

mange12345

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listening to music while playing poker

I do not listen to music while playing poker. Music breaks my concentration. And, I want to use what few brain cell I have left,to use on the game. lol :)

Mike

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually avoid listening to music. because it takes my concentration. But if at any time I feel like listening to something, it will be rock, if possible rock from my country. our music is very good.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I listen to something during the game, but more often I prefer to play in silence so as not to lose concentration, especially if I manage to go far in tournaments

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I pretty much always listen to music when playing. I have a pretty eclectic tastes, so I listen to a bunch of different things. No specific tone in terms of upbeat or relaxing. For me, one of the challenges I have is over-thinking hands, and music helps me get a little "out of my head", and play a simpler, more fundamental game.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do on occasion. I was asked once who I was listening too and the whole table laughed when I told them Lady Gaga and Arianna Grande.

Jim
:p:p:p

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Relaxing music makes me go down to the alpha and the game is over :) A good smashing rock is more my style.

seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Sometimes

Sometimes, I noticed that music takes my consideration away, because I like to evaluate opponents and put note on the type of cards he likes to play, what type of card he often raises, in what position, if he bluffs after raising the pre flop and continue bluffing on the flop, turn and river, if you go all in bluffing if you like to play with nipped cards and so on.

mircea_0

mircea_0

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Every time I listened to music (in headphones) during the game, I lost some hands that I don't normally lose!
It happened to me that I no longer follow the hands played, the behavior of the opponents ....

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Well i tryed listening to music while playing poker in the past but it distract my attention to the details of the game and that could be a downfall for me. The way i see things is to focus on one thing that you are doing in that moment, so your performances will be higher. That is available for me especially when it comes to tournaments with higher stakes, where I need to give my full attention on the poker table. So music won't help me on that but i love listening to music separatelly.

Anyway, everyone is different and has its own way of doing things.

newjugador

newjugador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really love music, in fact I always do a section, listening to music, I like all kinds of genres, salsa, vallenato, bachata, merengue, and other rhythms.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not always. Sometimes the music gets in the way.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes i do and today's selection will be Tom Petty.Johnny Lang and maybe a little CCR just to round things out!;)

T

Teko romero

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
conmigo es como que tengo que hacer algo mientras juego porque soy muy imperactivo... escucho música o veo youtube o algo que me tranquiliza

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are not always moments when I have a difficult game, so the music distracts me, for this reason we have options in which there is less probability of being able to improve hands and increase chips:angel:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve been listening to audiobooks lately when only playing one tournament at a time. Allows me to read a book I was going to read anyway while fighting off boredom during the first 3/4 of the tournament.

D

Decades

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i listen to classic or swing music when i play poker. something you can hear in the background and not influence my concentration.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Very rare. I will concentrate to the game and play my best.