Do You Have Friends Who Are Serious Poker Players?

Lazmansa

Lazmansa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All i can say is if u use this forum and all your friends on it to its full potential, u should have no problem improving your game(Must read books to).

So yes we all have friends in poker at differant skill levels CHARDSCHAT:D

Lazmansa:cool:

J

JEP712

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can probably help your game to improve faster if you have friends who are around your playing level to discuss strategy and hands with.

I don't really have any friends who also play poker though unfortunately.

Chris Ferguson said in his autobiography he wished he had a poker buddy when he was learning the game.

All those guys like Dan Harrington, Howard Lederer, Erik Seidel etc went to the Mayfair Club and worked together to improve their game.

I guess in a way. A friend could guide you in a way and could work with you in your time of downswings, but it all depends on you. Besides, there is a wealth of information online that I doubt that one friend in real life could teach you.

R

rollnutilt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do u get 5 of a kind when there are only 4 of each card. and straight flush is the best hand. it beats 4 of a kind. no such thing as 5 of a kind ;)
You should go back and read his post. And yes a straight flush does beat a 5 of a kind.
As for friends I do believe that it will greatly benefit you if you had a group of friends that did play poker as you would be able to share experiences, information and to discuss and debate certain strategies as well as hand selection and advice on making certain plays.

reverie

reverie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having someone you respect honestly assess your poker decisions provides a massive learning edge. He/she doesn't have to be better than you, just knowing your friends mind and appreciating his different perspectives on a play are enough to trigger thoughts on how to get better.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have several friends who are very serious poker players like myself.
I have some friends right here on cardschat that I myself consider very serious players.
I know several people who are sponsered by big online sites as well.
I would say 95% of my income comes from palying poker,so I suppose you could consider me A serious player of some sorts :p

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online sure, I read alot of strat and I have lots of people to talk poker with if I needed hands analyzed...

Playing poker successfully doesnt hinge on having friends who play in real life though, my friends are so bad at poker lol, but like all of them play home games with me. I think finding people who beat poker and have some RL friends who can successfully beat significant stakes in online cash would be hella rare unless you live in vegas.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have several friends who are very serious poker players like myself.
I have some friends right here on cardschat that I myself consider very serious players.
I know several people who are sponsered by big online sites as well.
I would say 95% of my income comes from palying poker,so I suppose you could consider me A serious player of some sorts :p
Is this ^ from 'live play'? Just curious as your post got me wondering.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I know a few friends and family members that think there good at poker, but they will call a all in with 2 7o. I prefer not to play with them because they never fold and don't understand poker. :)