Do you have a routine to play poker?

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is not a routine - how can you do what you love with this attitude! Poker is fun! The more-the better,but of course within reasonable limits.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No specific routine, but i play cardschat freerolls on ACR, PS and 888 poker as much as i can. Its just difficult for me since the games starts at 3am here so i have to get some sleep early and wake up before the games starts.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Routine , mmm , maybe yes , I guess so , most of the days I play :) After 16:00 local time , when I can I play , but most of the times at night after 20:00 , a lot of games and many players then :)

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for my own pleasure. If I win some money - it's a nice addition. Therefore, I do not calculate played tournaments, sit-n-go's or hands in cash games. I play a couple of hours before bed and can stay longer only until the tournament is over.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During the day, when i have some off time, I will open all my poker clients and play a 0,25 cent sit and go. Then in the evening, i am ready to play, i will look round an find a tournament that fits in with the amount of time i have available.

TrillUziVert

TrillUziVert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typically only play once a day, if that. As for the match, I just go with the flow, while of course playing safely and strategically.

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no routine. I play when I have time.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the weekdays i can say that i have some routine. I usually get back from work around 7 pm and play the league at 8 pm and after that 1 or 2 freerolls starting at 10 pm. Usually i finish around 12 pm to 1 am and i have enough time to sleep. Some days (especially during summer) i prefer to go out with friends and do not play at all. During weekends if i have time i play as much as i can handle.

G

globetrott3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually check first if I have any tickets which I can play.
If not, I play around 3 spin'n'gos / day, and any other freerolls or micro entry tournaments that are available at the time.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just love playing poker! and get a lot of fun with it, for me there is no routine!

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play tournaments in other games very rarely

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you have an evening poker schedule?

Hi there,

what is a typical poker evening for you? Do you have set tournaments you always play and if so, what are those and why?

I am interested in human behaviour..what attracts you to buy into a new tourney..if you are like me and work then - playing late is not good..as i feel you need to be at your freshest if you run deep or FT.

Let me know what games you play and where and when..

Best Wishes

pirateglenn:bebored:

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually start around 2pm, I always choose low buy-in tournaments with less subscribers to get more pot odds.

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'll tell you what not to do....if you make a deep run in a tournament don't immediately sign up for multiple tournaments to blow that cash because you will instantly do that lol

i play freerolls still so it's just a matter of playing when i'm doing other stuff on the computer and then in the evenings i'll stop playing the 10 dollar ones on ACR and only do the ones that pay more, but if i get knocked out early i'll just back to the 10s. i just do that until i get a few bucks and then play the .25+3 wsop 0/7 step, i've done very well on those in a small sample size (4 wins, 8 min cashes, 4 losses) and then after i run the cash back to zero i use the tickets and see what i can do with them.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do! I play every evening the pirates rewards 12k gtd at 888 4pm ,big fish 15k gtd 3pm 888 too, and the traditional bounty 55ç at PS 1:30pm.I've been playing these tourneys since the begining of the month.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is a typical poker evening for you? Do you have set tournaments you always play and if so, what are those and why?
I am in the USA (not Nevada or New Jersey) so my options are limited. The answer to this question is less about what I would do and more about what I can do (so might not be as interesting for your human behavior aspect). I am building a bankroll through freerolls because I am not comfortable with the deposit methods (of the sites available to me). This strategy dictates my typical poker evening,which is mostly on ACR with a little BOL sprinkled in.

ACR has a Texas Hold'Em Radio and an On Tilt Radio tournament each week night that I try to play in. Additionally Wed-Fri The Drunken Donk offers a freeroll. On Sat/Sun it is ALL ABOUT CARDS CHAT freerolls. The ACR summer schedule has an $0.11 buy-in NL Freezeout tourney early evening Mon-Fri that I frequently play in an effort to boost my bankroll.

BOL I try to catch the Jackpot Freerolls and The Nuts freeroll tournaments. BOL also has a daily $0.05 tournament that typically has a larger field - also try to use this to boost the bankroll.

I agree with your point of not being tired when one plays. There have been at least 2 occasions where I was struggling to keep my eyes open when I ran deep in the nightly tourneys. My best solve for tiredness is to not start the tournament when I am tired because I always want to plan on running deep (though I know that is not likely EVERY time) and having energy and presence of mind to level up in the cash is important (who wants to work hard to make the $$ then not level up?!? :) ).

In a few months check back with me. My plan is to have a bankroll such that I can mostly leave the bingo-type freerolls behind!

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have a routine as long as I have dollars to play and when I get tired I turn off and ... and if I do not lose everything and I'm watching a movie

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play when there are Cardschat freerolls,so that's almost every day,but lately I haven't played that much.

F

fatshady21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go for a walk in the forest close to my house,it helps clear my mind.

TrpeLoco

TrpeLoco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my routine is to play every day. I play fast forwad poker (snap) for a few hours

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play all day long 😝😊 but since I need to rest from time to time i can't and that's very annoying 😂😂. The conclusion is i try to not miss any opportunity to play poker when appears 🙌😝.

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play weekend Frolls. I also play some SNGs and Cash games throughout the week if I have an hour or two. But I'm pretty busy so I can't play more than that!

B

bonzai888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
eat some brain food aka "no junk food"
walk the dogs
start up the song "ante up"
amp up
look in the mirror and say
make money money make moneymoneyyyy

lol

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually do not have an established, but if I try, not have another occupation at that time, they are at night, relaxed, music and something to eat.