Do You "Ever"...Lose Intentionally?

J

JRNorris95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There can be a good return on "bad calls". In poker, the players at your table adjust their game to how you play. If you misrepresent your playing by intentionally throwing away chips on a losing hand, they might assume that hand to be indicative of similar future hands.

Consider it like a trap, in order to catch anything you have to use bait.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never intentionally lose

I never intentionally lose but sometimes I don't listen to my gut that tells me to call, raise or fold in a given situation.Everyone wonders what the key to winning consistent poker. I think it is someone who has their gut fine tuned. That person isn't me (yet).

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I never intentionally lose but sometimes I don't listen to my gut that tells me to call, raise or fold in a given situation.Everyone wonders what the key to winning consistent poker. I think it is someone who has their gut fine tuned. That person isn't me (yet).

me either brother..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it happens that in a short time I lose a few hands in which I am a big favorite I'm upsetting. If after that I can not find peace, it can happen that I deliberately lose.

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I do. I also burn money on fire in my free time.

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that we should not losing intentionally when playing online poker, it can be suspected as collusion.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sit and ask myself, and I really want to laugh. Why would I want to lose intentionally? Frankly to be, I would never want to lose. :)

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have lost pots in the past on purpose when playing certain live games where I sussed out the guy who would win the pot was a mark whose hand range I had pretty much established. This guy would think he was a smarty pants winning with weak cards and would do it again. He (she) would put much better players into the pot (with the same read I had) with substandard hands. I had taken down some major pots biding my time and playing only premium hands in these scenarios.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm never loosing on purpose, i might play some difficult and risky hands but never bluffing big to go all-in. I'm TAG player, i pay attention a lot, taking notes on players and know how to play against them. I was never in situations like loosing constantly every tourney i sign up. So play carefully and safe. Some poker software's for tracking people hands can improve your games aswell.

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you ever lose intentionally

If (a) the game gets really, really boring, or if (b) I get too, too tired, or if (c) I just do not feel like playing any further, or if (d) something more important comes up... I will (a) find something more interesting to do; or (b) go for a rest; or (c) follow my feelings and leave the game; or (d) attend to those matters of more import that are at hand. No matter what decision I make in (a), (b), (c) or (d) - it means I will lose the game as a matter of fact and as the result of intent because I am purposely no longer there to play it.

I try always to keep in mind, whether for play chips or real money, that poker is a game I want to enjoy when I play. If I can not do that, if I can not enjoy it - for whatever reason above, or for whatever other reason - then why play on?

Some people can not walk away from a game of poker. To them, poker is like a case of beer to which the player is addicted. The addict can no more walk away from poker than the alcoholic can leave the beer. When that happens, the game controls the player, not the other way around.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot see any reason for losing intentionally does not make sense.

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Me too.

I have lost pots in the past on purpose when playing certain live games where I sussed out the guy who would win the pot was a mark whose hand range I had pretty much established. This guy would think he was a smarty pants winning with weak cards and would do it again. He (she) would put much better players into the pot (with the same read I had) with substandard hands. I had taken down some major pots biding my time and playing only premium hands in these scenarios.

:dito:

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree.

If (a) the game gets really, really boring, or if (b) I get too, too tired, or if (c) I just do not feel like playing any further, or if (d) something more important comes up... I will (a) find something more interesting to do; or (b) go for a rest; or (c) follow my feelings and leave the game; or (d) attend to those matters of more import that are at hand. No matter what decision I make in (a), (b), (c) or (d) - it means I will lose the game as a matter of fact and as the result of intent because I am purposely no longer there to play it.

I try always to keep in mind, whether for play chips or real money, that poker is a game I want to enjoy when I play. If I can not do that, if I can not enjoy it - for whatever reason above, or for whatever other reason - then why play on?

Some people can not walk away from a game of poker. To them, poker is like a case of beer to which the player is addicted. The addict can no more walk away from poker than the alcoholic can leave the beer. When that happens, the game controls the player, not the other way around.

:five:

I agree.
Personally....I OFTEN...get into a Freeroll turny with absolutely no intention of finishing it.
Between cash games...just out of boredom sitting around the house...or even at work, just to pass some time and make my brain active...lol.

Great input. Thank you.
Robert.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi Robmrjet

I lose on purpose when a player who has lots of chips and so do I,
is playing really tight. I will play a few hands losely, let him see
that I'm trying to bluff him or her and then with a good hand
reel them in. Dosn't work all of the time, but works most of the time.

H

hochido

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
losing intentionally

NO. never lose a game intentionally...maybe a pot but not a game!