Do you enjoy poker more now compared to when you started?

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
From my perspective, the greater your understanding of the game, the more enjoyable it becomes. However, on the flip side, taking it too seriously can potentially sacrifice the fun.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I see it differently. At the beginning one can see the potential it offers. But once you learn and learn you'll eventually realize how little you know. It is frustrating.

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I liked it more in the beginning, now I get more

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I see it differently. At the beginning one can see the potential it offers. But once you learn and learn you'll eventually realize how little you know. It is frustrating.
Indeed, there's always something to learn, and it applies to everything, not just poker. The more delve into a discipline/field, the better you understand the gap between yourself and the pros/experts.
It can be quite discouraging.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I liked to play better at first, but I still play to this day

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I definitely had more fun playing when I started than nowadays. Of course, I still like to play poker very much, but I notice that now after 4-5 hours playing, I'm really tired and it's very difficult for me to play long sessions. But when I started, 4-5 hours were nothing, and I used to play sessions of 8-10 hours and it was all great. I also used to think very fun to watch the high stakes cash game tables on FT and now, I really don't watch almost any player online.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I look at it diferenly. When I first played it was just fun and I just knew the rules. Currently I am more focused on strategy, setting goals for myself but still I enjoy it a lot. And obviously I am still a novice who wants seriously to learn and improve results.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning, of course, it was more fun, now it has become a little more routine, but you experience hurtful losses less painfully.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
When I started in poker, I just played with my friends on Hangouts, and that was really enjoyable. Now, there is another point of view, and I am more focused on learning about poker. Maybe it's not the same, but I still love poker.