Do you drink alcohol when you play poker?

T

TR4V3LL3R

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1) No, I don’t drink alcohol.

2) That might work for some players, but it is not my way to play poker.

3) Live I just watch the table action, online I listen to music.

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I don't drink when I play, but I had a bad experience at one time, I played when I was drunk, of course I lost a lot of money.

Never more.

S

SBritt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes ill play online after having a few drinks, but the end results arent the best.

can't be all loosey goosey

Karabas

Karabas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the tournament is very long and you have to sit for 7-10 hours, so as not to lose interest in the game and not to drain the stack, I recommend an excellent tool.

Poker_Player77

Poker_Player77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it depends on the game, and the stakes. If it's a higher stakes game, with players I don't really know (live or online) then it's pretty much just water for me.

For regular online games that are not high stakes, at the end of a work day, I may have 1 or 2 coolers.

Now the monthly games with our group of friends, for only $5/game... Whole different story! Those buggers are just as, if not more, drunk and dumb as I am by the end of the night, so why not. ��

The Monkey

The Monkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do like to drink alcohol when I play poker, especially freerolls. I feel like this helps me to be a little more aggressive when typically at the poker table I am more conservative.

I don't think that alcohol helps you concentrate anymore when you play the game. my method of concentration when I play is listening to music. specifically, I listen to music without lyrics so that I am not focusing on the words of the song.

JoeKampman

JoeKampman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't drink so this is not a valid question for me, however drinking impairs your judgement and this seems like a good thing to take into consideration.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I do like to drink alcohol when I play poker, especially freerolls. I feel like this helps me to be a little more aggressive when typically at the poker table I am more conservative.

I don't think that alcohol helps you concentrate anymore when you play the game. my method of concentration when I play is listening to music. specifically, I listen to music without lyrics so that I am not focusing on the words of the song.

Interesting this point of music without lyrics. Personally I have experimented with all kinds of music and I really do not find a determining difference in my game, which has a direct correlation to the musical style heard. Which obviously does not mean that it applies equal to all players.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not drink alcohol during the game and do not advise others. Alcohol destroys the body and distorts the world of perception. Alcohol-dependent people who want to get away from reality and that they find their place where they are comfortable. Only the problem is not solved, but only exacerbated.

O

Oldopoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 1 or 2 beers cant be bad at any time u play 😂 im drinking beer almost all time i play and have very good results. Just dont get drunk and lost your mind

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never drink alchohol during poker unless you can stay completely sane if you want to make $$$.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
buying time is the whole point..

The quote I am posting with the 1, 2 and 3 on it... is NOT my post. but when i go to quote it, I see my actual post which is "buying time is the whole point"
very weird...
i think the post i was quoting disappeared, and somehow my quote shows up as someone else's post??

the pic i added is the post i just quoted.. and it's from a DIFFERENT THREAD lol
i'm not sure what's happening here. *cue twilight zone music*

also, the post in the picture is NOT MY POST lol anyone else having issues like this?

Attachments

• Screenshot (152).jpg
    Screenshot (152).jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A moderate amount of alcohol can have a positive effect in the game (alcohol was not accidentally included in the list of illegal drugs and is doping). But please do not use my statement as advice for progress in the game.

M

mirnixdirnix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes

in daily tournaments in local rooms i drink fewmany beers. my oponent think i am drunk, but head is running smoothly. i ammore open to do weird moves, but harder to read me..

once i drunk 14 beers, and woke up on my chair, like where the **** am i.. recogised chair, than room, table, and chips in front of me. we were last three. i managed to make a deal imediatly as i didnt remember anything from past few hours. they were happy finish :D

but people usualy dont like drunkie with them, more so winning one :D

ok, of course many misstakes were made

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've heard the phrase a lot if drinking don't drive. in poker it is the same if you are a professional and really want to win you should avoid alcohol. because it alters the person's state of consciousness and the reasoning will certainly be negative.